Author Topic: 3.0.6335: Format converter refuses to convert FLAC to MP3  (Read 2957 times)

tubescreamer

Doubleclick to an autoplaylist, i.e.: Format: FLAC && 5 Star rated.

Select all files.

Rightclick -> send to -> Format Konverter

It shows you a few files which shall be mp3 and cannot be converted to mp3.

But if you nail this down and i.e. only select 3 FLAC files, then the same happens.

If you want to convert these FLAC files to FLAC, then the files are selectable to convert (which makes ofc no sense).

FLAC to mp3 conversion entirely doesnt work.

Thanks upfront and hope for a fix.

Steven

• Administrator
working fine here. I expect you havent configured the MP3 encoder in the File Converter preferences

tubescreamer

Ups, you're completely right ! Many thanks :-)

This I forgot to configure after migrating from 2.x.

akbaree

working fine here. I expect you havent configured the MP3 encoder in the File Converter preferences

When I go to the File Converter option, I only get two options - Wave and MP3. I checked the preferences and all converters are configured, not sure what's the issue.

sveakul

When I go to the File Converter option, I only get two options - Wave and MP3. I checked the preferences and all converters are configured, not sure what's the issue.

By "configured", do you mean all the converter options check boxes have been checked?  Look in the "Codec" subfolder and be sure all the converters you expect to see are actually present there.  If there is still a problem, trying hitting the browse button to the right of the encoder location box and be sure you are actually pointing at the correct location of the encoder file.  Save, restart MusicBee.  Good?  BTW, welcome to the forum!