Author Topic: iPod Classic - "Album Artist" tags aren't syncing.  (Read 1905 times)

_Rob

Hi everyone.

After being displeased with the iTunes app for quite a while I decided to look for alternatives and gave MusicBee a go. I love it, and am really pleased that I've even been able to sync my MusicBee library to my iPod classic.

The only minor problem I've had is that the "Album Artist" tags don't seem to be syncing with the device, and therefore the iPod is referring to the "Artist" tags instead. This means that I have quite a lot of albums showing up as by "Various Artists" simply because one or more of the songs on the album feature another artist.

I realize MusicBee wasn't really designed to sync with Apple devices anyway, but since I've manged to do it successfully, I was wondering if anybody could help me iron out this crease.

My device is an iPod Classic 6th Generation 120GB (Model MB565) and is running on software version 2.0.1 PC. I'm running MusicBee on Windows 10 64-bit.

Thank you for your time :)

Rob

Steven

• Administrator
iPod synching is not something i am maintaining and if its not working for you then your best bet is to try the iPod plugin from boroda74 or to use iTunes for synching

_Rob

Thank you for your reply. I'll give that a go.

Have a good day.

boroda

i would strongly recommend you to use itunes 9 with the plugin, because later itunes versions cause frequent problems in plugin.