Author Topic: Auto retrieve lyrics after tagging  (Read 4759 times)

Foraes

Hi,

is it possible to automatically retrieve lyrics after tagging (album tagger) so that the whole process becomes a single task?

Foraes

No reply... I guess that's not possible then... :(
Would change the hole tagging process to a single task which greatly enhances the usability.

redwing

It's not automatic, but you can save lots of time by using track previewer plugin and set a very short duration per track. Then play first track and MB will take care of the rest.

Steven

• Administrator
Tools/ Tagging Tools/ Show Files With Missing Lyrics
then select them all/ right click/ Auto-Tag by Tracks/ Update Missing Lyrics

Foraes

It's not automatic, but you can save lots of time by using track previewer plugin and set a very short duration per track. Then play first track and MB will take care of the rest.

Thank you, but I'd prefer a solution without an extra plugin for MusicBee. I will look at it if I don't find another way, though! So thank you!

Tools/ Tagging Tools/ Show Files With Missing Lyrics
then select them all/ right click/ Auto-Tag by Tracks/ Update Missing Lyrics

Thank you, but I know and use that already. My goal is to automate this process directly after tagging a track or an album because MusicBee might find the wrong or none lycrics at all because of the wrong tags.

Is there really no way to automate this?

Foraes

So there's really no way? :(
If someone would tell me that I could have some closure with this topic.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Not to my knowledge, at least not for whole albums. The auto tag button in the tag editor may include lyrics?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Foraes

Not to my knowledge, at least not for whole albums. The auto tag button in the tag editor may include lyrics?

It doesn't have to be for albums. I just use the album tagger for single songs as well because I can choose before tagging.
After that it just needs some kind of trigger to auto search the lyrics of the songs just edited one by one.

I can't tick "lyrics"... Why?

SebLavK

Because the Album Tagger retrieves info from the providers you set in Preferences/Tags (2), i.e. Musicbrainz, which doesn't include lyrics. Lyrics providers are set as a different source.

You can, however, tick both "auto-retrieve missing lyrics for the playing track" and "and save without prompt", in that same menu. I also recomment you use the Lyrics Reloaded! plugin if MusicBee alone finds the wrong ones, or none, too often.

Foraes

Because the Album Tagger retrieves info from the providers you set in Preferences/Tags (2), i.e. Musicbrainz, which doesn't include lyrics. Lyrics providers are set as a different source.

You can, however, tick both "auto-retrieve missing lyrics for the playing track" and "and save without prompt", in that same menu. I also recomment you use the Lyrics Reloaded! plugin if MusicBee alone finds the wrong ones, or none, too often.

But why is there even an option for lyrics inside the album tagger if you can't use it?

I already have the Lyrics Reloaded plugin and ticked  "auto-retrieve missing lyrics for the playing track" and "and save without prompt" and it works fine! But I often forget to play the song or manually "Auto Tag by Track - Update missing lyrics" and then sync my music to my phone without the lyrics. Pretty annoying... :(

Guys, there has to be a way, right? I mean MusicBee is so damn powerful! It already has the necessary functions, there's just needs to be a link (some kind of trigger) to combine them.

Foraes

I know I'm probably getting annoying but I am determined to get this done. So if somebody ever finds the time and mood to implement this or finds a workaround, please reply to this thread. :)

phred

• Global Moderator
Another suggestion is to create an auto-playlist to show tracks with no lyrics.

Otherwise, post your request in the Wishlist forum for consideration. But since there are already alternate methods to get close to what you want, I don't think it's likely for anything to come of it.

Sometimes when learning new software you have to change the way you do things.

Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Foraes

Hmm, maybe I find someday something for this. Well, thanks anyway for the answer!

Foraes

What about adding a Command Line Parameter to execute "Auto-Tag by Track - Update Missing Lyrics" for a specified Folder "D:\Music" as a scheduled task? Wouldn't be perfect but the job gets done.

boroda

Steven, though i dont care about this command line parameter request, i think that mb has very little number of startup parameters. maybe its worth to add much more parameters? if this is the case its worth to make a poll to see whats is needed for most people.