Author Topic: 'Instruments' in Configuration.xml - usable in MB / GUI yet ?  (Read 1789 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
while editing Configuration.xml again (from 3.1.6336 patch), I came across a new field at the end that got me excited:
<Instruments>accordina;accordion;acoustic bass guitar;

But looking around MB, I can not yet see a place in the tag editor or custom tag config where this is actually exposed/used.
Is this something to come soon ? Or is it intended to be usable for us end-users as is ?
Cheers.

c.

alec.tron

Ah, thanks for the info - I was thinking/hoping there might be a new general 'Instruments' field to use in the Tag Editor, which would be great as I am more interested in which instruments, if any, sit in the forefront, orchestration/arrangement/mastering wise opposed to which artist plays what instrument (also, because that would take too long to tag... I'm already on a Sisyphean tagging task as is).
Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

I now have a custom-tag 'instruments' field. I would love to use the Configuration.xml's
<Instruments>accordina;accordion;acoustic bass guitar;...
contents to auto-complete this custom field.
Is this achievable / possible somehow as is ?

Cheers.
c.

alec.tron

Looks like this is the instruments list that made it into the MB config:
https://musicbrainz.org/instruments

Would be nice if we also had the similar grouping methodology from Picard Instruments if/when we can use the instruments as tag values similar to Genre groupings...
Cheers.
c.