Author Topic: Organise files issues  (Read 2342 times)

Nick-

The option "do not reorganize files with missing naming tags" is not working: enabled or not makes no difference, if there is a missing tag it's never allowed to be modified by getting the default unknown value and you need to use $isNull on any possible to be empty, naming tags.

Option add to Library (again for Organise Files window), places files to Library regardless if they were organized or not: Files that have not been organized (remained with their initial filename and path) either because of missing naming tags or being duplicates are still getting placed at Music Libray node. Probably the same happens even if they were just manually unchecked in the window (didn't try that). I'm not sure if it is a bug or intentional action, to me makes more sense when a file doesn't get organized for any of the reasons to remain in Inbox so to know and process it at a later time. It basically drops the advantages of the existence of Inbox unless you have no empty tags and no duplicates...

Something else I noticed not really of importance:
In case of songs with multiple artists MusicBee allows to apply your own role/instrument for each. If a bracket "(" is typed at that field then both that field and the associated artist name field get modified in unexpected way.

Steven

• Administrator
The option "do not reorganize files with missing naming tags" is not working: enabled or not makes no difference, if there is a missing tag it's never allowed to be modified by getting the default unknown value and you need to use $isNull on any possible to be empty, naming tags.
i use this myself all the time and i am sure many forum members as well over a long period of time so i will need some evidence to back that up before i spend time investigating

Nick-

That is strange, I cannot reproduce it. The problem was that the checkbox was not editable and could not be checked for any songs with missing naming tags (like it is not editable to be checked for duplicates) regardless if the relative option was enabled. Also in the one time that I proceed with it, it placed in Music Library files that were not reorganized (if I remember correctly it happened for every file, also for duplicates but I'm not 100% sure, might have been only for the files with missing tags). I think I have even restarted MusicBee and continued to have that issue with not editable checkbox...
Is it possible some error/exception ended up to such a behavior? At the same time I remember I attempted to use Auto tag by album for one song but Title was added at the Artist tag and vice versa (returned to correct behavior after restart). It was the same time that I was trying to use brackets on the role field of a 2nd Artist on a song. I tried to repeat those steps but again couldn't reproduce that issue. I have started to reorganize my library with small steps and it seems to work as expected.
I'll be more careful and double check before posting something as a bug report in the future...

About files placed at Music node, it does happen for files with missing naming tags even if the option to not reorganize them is selected.
Also one other thing I noticed is that if there are more than one files with the same naming tags, some of them are not reorganized since a file with that filename already had been created from reorganizing one of them, but at the file organize window the error messages for these failures are placed on randomly chosen files not for those that were not reorganized

Filename Char mapping seems to not work for me, I cannot type anything on any of the replacement fields
Best regards

Nick-

OK the issue with unchecked and not editable checkboxes is valid on version 3.1.6345. I'm not totally sure if I made a mistake on my previous post by checking with a naming template that had an isNull function for those tags or if the issue is not always present. I can reproduce it with a clean new portable installation: tracks with empty naming tags are uneditable, unchecked and (on the cases I tried it) get reorganized regradless of that, depending if the relative to empty tags option is checked or not.