Author Topic: bug in version 3.1.6345 - MB stops working (edit: not a MB bug)  (Read 3675 times)

Gothmoth

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
i have installed 3.1.6345 and activated to buffer the whole song in memory.

MB stops working after some time. songs stops playing. MB becomes unresponsive (stop, play, pause commands don´t work anymore).

i can repeat this error.
when i disable the option to buffer the whole file all works fine.

i see there is a error log option in musicbee but how do i enable debugging?


i run win10 64bit with 24 GB ram.
Last Edit: May 20, 2017, 05:51:30 PM by Gothmoth

phred

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 9457
Open the Error Log and copy/paste the most recent relevant lines from the date/time the error occurred. Please do not paste the entire log unless there is only one or two entries.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Gothmoth

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
problem is there is nothing in the logfile since march 2017.

that´s why i asked how to enable debugging.

but it seems it has nothing directly to do with this new buffering option.
even when i disable the option the same happens. just not after 2-3 minutes, it takes longer then.
but after a few songs are played MB just stops playing.

im back to the earlier version that runs fine.
Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:11:31 PM by Gothmoth

Gothmoth

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
i just saw there is a new version 3.1.6346.

honestly i don´t get why there are two threads for new versions. it´s just confusing


https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21135.0

https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18462.0


but this version 3.1.6346 shows the same behavior.
 
until i updated today it worked just fine and now this. :-(

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34429
what version were you using before (v3.0 or v3.1) ?
and can you send me a link to your settings file (help/support/view settings)

Gothmoth

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
what version were you using before (v3.0 or v3.1) ?
and can you send me a link to your settings file (help/support/view settings)

i used a 3.1 version. can´t say which exactly.

here is my settings file

http://www104.zippyshare.com/v/MCFogYF5/file.html



i have now installed the portable 3.0.6335 in a different folder to see if it is indeed a MB problem or if something other is causing this issue.
Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 12:45:21 PM by Gothmoth

Gothmoth

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
i am pretty helpless right now. the 3.0 version does not work either.

i checked the windows event log .. nothing.

MB just stops playing after a while.


only thing i have done today is installing VLC 2.2.5.1 and the new musicbee version.
i removed VLC already but it did not help.

yesterday i installed a software that installed apples bonjour service and i removed that today too.


when musicbee stops playing there is a second when the mouse cursor freezes.
then MB stops playing, the MB controls are not working anymore (have to restart MB) .. but everything else works fine.

also there i no entry in the microsoft event log.



i will now try what happens using a different musicplayer.
Last Edit: May 18, 2017, 01:58:05 PM by Gothmoth

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34429
i had a quick look at your settings file and all looks very straight-forward.
In windows explorer, if you locate the file: bass.dll which is in the folder MB is installed, what is the file size 101 KB or 110 KB ?
One thing you could try is changing from WASAPI in the player preferences to DirectSound

Gothmoth

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
bass is 109.1kb
v2.4.12.1


i tried directsound already.. same result.

i was just watching alien covenant in cinema :)  and will now test with a different player.

Gothmoth

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
ok i tested with aimp and there is a similiar error.
it stops playing for a second or two then it plays again, then ist stops again after some time and so on.

i don´t know what this is but it doesn´t seem to be a musicbee problem.


thought i would be grateful for any idea or help what could cause this.

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 34429
try the bass version that uses the windows mp3 decoder - replace the existing one in the musicbee folder

http://www.mediafire.com/file/exmafeqt0rom4tz/bass.dll

Gothmoth

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
try the bass version that uses the windows mp3 decoder - replace the existing one in the musicbee folder

http://www.mediafire.com/file/exmafeqt0rom4tz/bass.dll


thanks will try that too.

but as aimp shows a similiar behavior i guess it is not a musicbee problem.


i have set my windows to a restore point from 3 days ago but even that did not solve the issue. :(

Gothmoth

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
so i uninstalled the windows update KB3150513 and so far everything works fine for a few hours.
this update was installed just this week and i did not notice.
 

i read about audio problems with that update and so i thought i remove it.

would be nice if someone can share his experience.

at least if someone faces the same problem it might help... well i hope this was the cause.
Last Edit: May 19, 2017, 10:01:14 AM by Gothmoth