Author Topic: Time not displayed  (Read 3732 times)

FerranNL

• Hi there!
Dear fellow users,

Some of the music in MusicBee is not displayed. I am experiencing this problem with songs from different artists and different albums. Is this a bug? Has this happened to anyone before?
See the image I included to get a better understanding of my problem.
If you know how to fix this problem, please let me know! Thank you very much!

Yours faithfully,

Ferran

https://i.gyazo.com/ec140b8206180b29c7bf0c51d73f8c74.png
Last Edit: May 15, 2017, 09:43:24 PM by FerranNL

phred

• Global Moderator
What format are the files without the time?
Are they the same format as the files that do show the time?
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

can you play files with missing time (in mb)?

redwing

Their file header might be corrupted. If you have original source, try re-ripping them. Or try mp3 repair tools.

FerranNL

• Hi there!
What format are the files without the time?
Are they the same format as the files that do show the time?

Thank you for your help! All the files are MP3 format, every single one of them, they are all the same.

FerranNL

• Hi there!
can you play files with missing time (in mb)?

Thank you for your help! Yes I can play the time, I can play all the songs that are currently in my library! Even the ones without the time showed.

FerranNL

• Hi there!
Their file header might be corrupted. If you have original source, try re-ripping them. Or try mp3 repair tools.

Thank you for your help! I am not sure what a 'file header' actually is. I tried re-ripping the songs and I tried multiple mp3 repairing tools. Sadly.. non of them worked. The time is still not displayed. Thank you for your help!

redwing

I tried re-ripping the songs and I tried multiple mp3 repairing tools. Sadly.. non of them worked. The time is still not displayed.

Then could it be about your ripper settings? What if you try ripping with MB?

boroda

maybe Steven could have a look at 1 of problem files, if he has time and willing

Steven

• Administrator
sure. PM me a link to a zip of one of the problem files

Steven

• Administrator
the reason is because your files have a lot of corrupted header data. I will change the next v3.1 update to look further into the file to find valid data. You will need to right click/ Send To/ Rescan Files for the problem files when the new version is available

FerranNL

• Hi there!
the reason is because your files have a lot of corrupted header data. I will change the next v3.1 update to look further into the file to find valid data. You will need to right click/ Send To/ Rescan Files for the problem files when the new version is available

Dear Steven,

Thank you very very much for your time and effort. I hope that v3.1 will be able to fix my problem.

Steven

• Administrator

FerranNL

• Hi there!
It worked! I replaced the files in my installation directory with the ones from the zip! Did a quick File Rescan on the songs that had problems, and it fixed the problem! Thank you very much! Works great!
Right click on the song(or select all songs with Ctrl+A and then right click), Go to " Send To "  and click on " File Rescan ".