Author Topic: Keep search results tabs after program restart  (Read 6300 times)

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks, Steven! Can't wait for said update! You the man, Steve!  :-*
It's been implemented since July 4.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
I noticed the tab bar shows the search string, but the search results tabs close upon quitting the application. Is there something new I missed? A setting, perhaps?
MusicBee is a worthy successor to Winamp.  :D

redwing

It seems if the tab name remains just "Search Results" (as opposed to something like "Adele - Search Result") then it's not saved.
For instance, type something from a pinned tab in global search mode, then it will open new search results tab but the tab name remains "Search Results". If you restart MB at that point, the tab is gone.

Steven

• Administrator
yes that does appear to be a bug and i will fix that. Thanks redwing for taking the time to figure it out otherwise it would have remained a mystery

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
Okay, it seems that if I search for something in a tab (in the entire library, only way this works, the local node option doesn't) and select a different tab before quitting the application, it DOES save the tab. If I close MusicBee without selecting different tab first, it does not save the tab. Are these two conditions intended?

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
It works!!!!!!!!! Search tabs are now kept! :D THANK YOU, MAN! :D MusicBee just became even MORE functional!!!   :-*

-Just a small observation: if you search for something in a tab and you pin said tab, it DOES get saved upon restart, but all the results are gone... If you first pin the tab and you do the search afterward, the tab is saved along with the results, as intended.

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
Whoa, just discovered a major bug: If you do multiple searches, they are all seemingly kept upon MusicBee restart, but once you click on the older search tabs, they all MAGICALLY turn, one by one, into a clone of the newest search tab.   :(

Steven

• Administrator

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
:D SO so glad to hear that!!! :D

cosmingurau

• Filmmaker
Thank you, Steven, it works now! :D

nuBee

Could this be made optional?
If you use the context menu on any item to e.g. search for the album, you end up adding a new tab for each search request. After a few days the tab bar gets totally messed up with old search requests, rendering any pinned tabs unusable. There isn't even a "close all search tabs" entry in the context menu, i.e. you have to close each and every search tab manually :-(

Unfortunately this still happens using RC2 (3.1.6445)