Author Topic: Playlist Specific Sorting  (Read 8401 times)

redwing

What Steven said

right click on the playlist node/ Playlist Settings...
and set "custom fields for this playlist only"
that setting also enables custom sorting

works. All playlists with default fields setting keep the same sorting while a playlist with custom field setting keeps its own sorting.

Varick

right click on the playlist node/ Playlist Settings...
and set "custom fields for this playlist only"
that setting also enables custom sorting

OK, forgive me.  What is the "playlist node?"  I also can't find any menu item that says "Playlist Settings."

When I right click on anything and everything that I can find on MB that says "Playlist" there is NO option that comes up that says "custom fields for this playlist only"

- On the top of my screen, my options are [playlist that I am currently on], "Now Playing," "Playlists," "Music Explorer," "Podcasts," & "+"

- When I right click on that "Playlists" the ONLY options that come up are, "Edit Tab Header," "Pin Tab [Icon Only]", "Pin Tab [Icon & Text]," "Navigation Lock," & "Close Tab."

- On the left panel, when I right click on "Playlist"  My only options are, "Play Now," "Play Shuffled," "Queue Next," "Queue Last," "Edit Auto-Playlist," "List," "Export," "Send To," "Duplicate," "Delete," "Rename," & "New"

Again, there is NO option that comes up that says "custom fields for this playlist only."

Please advise.  Thank you.

V

redwing

- On the left panel, when I right click on "Playlist"  My only options are, "Play Now," "Play Shuffled," "Queue Next," "Queue Last," "Edit Auto-Playlist," "List," "Export," "Send To," "Duplicate," "Delete," "Rename," & "New"

That's auto-playlists. What Steven was referring to was static playlists.
Auto-playlists behave as default fields playlists until you make any changes (adding/removing a column or even adjusting one column width) to it, then it changes to a custom fields playlist keeping its own setting.

Varick

OK, Got it (the right click part).  I found the "Playlist settings."  I went to one of my custom playlists, clicked on the top of the column titled "Play Count" so the songs with the highest play count were on top, then I right clicked on that playlist and went into "Playlist Settings," then clicked on "custom fields for this playlist only" then I clicked "Save."

Then I clicked on a different one of my playlists, clicked on the column "Artist" to sort by Artist, went back the last playlist and it was no longer in Play Count order but reverted back to "Artist" sorting order.  What am I doing wrong?

V

redwing

It's working fine for me. Spend some time with various types of playlists until you get used to the setting.
For sorting, you can also click on view button on the top of the main panel and select a specific "sort by" setting instead of clicking on a column. Either setting would be remembered to each custom-fields playlist.

Varick

OK, just to clarify.  If you go to your Playlist "G,"  Click on, say, "Title" Column, the right click Playlist "G" node, go to "Playlist" settings, click on "custom fields for this playlist only" then click "Save."

Then you click on your "Playlist "M", click on the column, "Play Count," then click back on Playlist "G," that list is still sorted by "Title?????"

I have done this about 10 different ways on all kinds of my custom playlists and it does not work at all.

What is wrong????

V

Varick

Ah ha moment.  I wasn't in the "Playlists" node (The one that's between "Now Playing" and "Music Explorer")  I was in the node just to the right of the left & right arrows (that changes to the name of the playlist you are actually in at the moment).  When I clicked on the middle "Playlists" node and then clicked on a playlist listed under "Playlist Directory" it was just as I left it.  Now I got it. 

However, when I click on a playlist listed under "Playlist Directory" I get this annoying panel that opens up on the right side of my screen that I can't close.  Anyway to get rid of that panel?  Thank you.

V

Varick

Little by little, I'm figuring this program out.  Big thank you for all the help so far and big Kudos to the developers of this fantastic program and to all of you here who have the patience to help half brain-dead computer illiterates like me.  Thank you!

V