Author Topic: Problem with auto-organize after changing hdd name  (Read 1447 times)

lizarazu

Hi!

I recently had to reinstall Windows and therfore reinstall Musicbee. I tried following this instruction (http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Backup_%26_Restore).
I made a backup of the installation and the AppData folder. My library was on a second hard drive. This hard drive was named F:\. Now it's named D.\ and this is my Problem.

MusicBee asked me, if I already had a library. I guess that was this: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Remap_Music_Folders

It all semed perfect, but as I wanted to send some files from the Inbox to Music nothing happened in case of organizing the files. I checked the Library Seittings und saw "auto-organize media files" ticked. I clicked on Organisation and (I think) saw the problem.

It says
move: music on drive F:\ to folder D:\....
instead of
move: music on drive D:\ to folder D:\....

I tried changing F:\ to D:\ but after clicking proceed nothing happens. My PC works just fine, I can do whatever I want, but when I do a  mouseover over Musicbee the cursor changes to "busy" (don't know how it's called in english), like it's working on something.

First I waited a few hours. Nothing. I tried closing Musicbee, but it didn't react. I closed it with help from the Task Manager.
On my next try, I waited longer. I have a huge library, nearly 30k files / over 200 GB, so I figured it'll take some time.So I left my PC on for 4 nights an nearly 5 days. But nothing changed.

What do you recommend I should do to get this fixed? Thanks in advance and pardon my bad english.

Steven

• Administrator
i am not sure exactly what you are doing, but it sounds like you need to create a new drive mapping for d:
click the "Add Drive Mapping" button

lizarazu

Thanks for your answer, sorry for responding so late.

Yes, thats exactly what I want to do. Well, I tried by editing the old ones...

I had two drive mappings, one for music and one for audiobooks. Both of them were "wrong" after musicbee reinstall, because they were for (now nonexisting) f:

I tried to edit these (change f: to d: and click proceed), but it didn't work.

Now I just created new ones for d: and everthing seems fine. Thanks!

Quick follow-up question: I'm only able to untick the old (f:) drive mapping for audiobooks, but not the one for music. Is that a problem?

Thanks again for your help!