Author Topic: Corsair LED Plugin  (Read 22010 times)

derTyp

Should be fixed with v1.0.2 please test and report back if you encounter any issues.

Vessel2000

Unfortunately still not working. Same issue as before, tried switching to an older version of CUE and that didn't work either :/

derTyp

Ok, that is indeed unfortunate as I am not able to reproduce the issue ...

I mean what is kinda strange is that you could set the animation for the m65 to spectrograph because that should not be possible (this is actually a bug). But this should not be the cause for that.

Here are some things you could try:
  * Look at the Help->Support->Error Log in MusicBee
  * Delete all plugin related files (also the config in your %APPDATA%/MusicBee folder) and install it again.
  * If you are using the Microsoft Store version of MusicBee, please try again with the download version from the website.

Vessel2000

Good news! Reinstalled Music Bee and it works! Now I don't know if I should update CUE haha thanks! :)

Kasuyi

Hey there, for some reason, when I tried to install your plugin, I wasn't able to enable it in MusicBee, when I tried to, I got a message saying "Unable to initialize this plugin: Object reference not set to an instance of an object." I tried everything: Uninstalling and reinstalling your plugin, uninstalling and reinstalling MusicBee, nothing worked. I have MusicBee version 3.2.6760, iCUE version 3.5.111. Dunno what is happening here :/

derTyp

Are you using the Microsoft Store version of MusicBee?

As it is working for other people (including me) I guess something is different in your setup. Or maybe you have not copied all files and folders in the zip.

Kasuyi

I'm not using the Microsoft Store version of MusicBee, and I've copied everything there is in the zip, hence why I came here, I didn't know what else to do besides come in the forums.

derTyp

Do you have the SDK enabled in iCUE Settings?

Have you tried restarting MusicBee after the failed loading of the Plugin? I have had a problem with plugin loading one time in the past but it resolved itself after a MusicBee restart.

Kasuyi

I do have the SDK enabled in iCUE and I've tried restarting MusicBee several times already without success. I have however one question: In your zip, there are two folders, x64 and x86, and you have to copy the one corresponding to your Windows OS version, either 32 or 64 bits, right?

derTyp

Well thats why I asked if you copied ALL files from the zip...

These are the files required by the library I am using for the interaction with CUE. Both are required and the library decides which to load. So copy both and it should work.

Kasuyi

Ok so I can get it to work when my Sabre RGB is plugged in, but whenever I try to use my K55, it doesn't work anymore and I get an error stating that an exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.

derTyp

I don't have a K55 to test but I guess the problem is that it is not a per-key RGB device (every key can be lit independent).
I guess I need to add an exception for this device, a workaround might be to disable it in the settings of the plugin.

AndyBlak

In the current version all corsair devices (supported by CUE) should also work with the plugin.
What exactly is not working? Can you see the mouse in the device list? Or is it just not performing any effects?

Unfortunately I don't have a scimitar or any other corsair mouse to test.

My apologies for the delay in getting back to you. The spectrum/visualizer effects seem to only take place on my keyboard. I'll try to troubleshoot a bit more and isolate the specific cause, since it should be working.

Turk

Dear OP

WOW & thank you for this. Superb job ! Works perfectly (for me) [k95]

Apologise in advance for off topic question - I only ask as you appear to be the most likely to have knowledge of both iCue & Musicbee's "inner workings".
Would you know of a way to control Musicbee's volume using a corsair kbd's vol rocker (in my case the K95) when mbb is running, but return to system audio when mbb is closed with out the need for secondary apps that are feature rich, but far to feature rich for such a supoosedly simple task?
I've tried with varying degrees of unsatisfactory success using Volume2* & Volumekey, both [sort of] work, no that's unfair they work but are either more than whats needed or begin to complicate a simple audio signal chain, I even thought I "found the fix" and wrote a tutorial at corsairs forum re Volume2 & set up, to later decide it wasn't the best method but the best I could find.  :-\

ANY help on this would be so welcome. I wish corsairs own iCue had the answer within, and assumed it would hence my purchase to find a nice volume rocker go to waste. [?]

ps here was my lame attempt at assuming I'd found the holy grail https://forum.corsair.com/forums/topic/150195-how-to-remap-the-volume-controll-at-a-k95-rgb/
It was in response to anothers near identical, unasnwered question @ corsairs forums.
Last Edit: December 09, 2021, 05:47:00 PM by Turk

derTyp

My setup has changed since I last tried this, but for me (with a K95 Platinum) it worked by setting the volume hotkey in MusicBee to "global". This way the volume dial on the keyboard only affected MusicBee as long as it was open.