Author Topic: Corsair LED Plugin  (Read 22008 times)

derTyp

Hi,

I developed a little plugin for MusicBee which shows a simple spectrogram animation on Corsair Keyboards.

The reason why I did create it was that I am using MusicBee with WASAPI output and all available solutions were not able to visualize it because of the exclusive access to the soundcard.

For more information and the download please follow the link to GitHub.

The plugin is open source so feel free to open issues, send feature requests or implement them yourself ;)

GitHub: CorsairLED-MB-Plugin
Releases: Downloads
Addon: MusicBee Plugin Page
Last Edit: April 30, 2017, 03:33:40 PM by derTyp

boroda

could you add this plugin to add-on's section of mb main site?

derTyp

Sure, I will add the link as soon as it gets approved.

Anvh

This so cool thank you!

It is working really well but I'm wondering if you would consider adding the gamepad and mouse as well to make it all complete? =)

derTyp

To perform the actual light effects I am using a library (https://github.com/DarthAffe/CUE.NET) so I am limited to the devices supported by it.
Currently support for Mouse, Headset and Mousemat is implemented, so it would be possible to add these devices to the plugin.

The only problem I have, apart from time, is that I don't own any of these devices from Corsair to test with them. I think the CUE software has some virtual, emulated devices but I have not worked with them before. I will look into it as soon as I have more free time ;)
The second thing is that the possible effects on these devices are limited I believe. The only effect I can currently think of would be a simple beat visualization.

I will try to get something working with the virtual devices but I can't guarantee for it

derTyp

Hi,

after a long time I have finished working on multi device support and released version 1.0.0 of the plugin. I could only test against the CUE Demo devices, so feel free to open Issues on Github if you see weird things happening on your device.

Also I added a very dodgy implementation of a beat effect which is not really where I want it to be, but it kinda works and will definitely be improved in the future.

These changes are also the foundation to add support for different manufacturers.

Best regards

AndyBlak

Hey!

I just wanted to drop a quick thank you for this plugin! I was quite surprised when I saw a CUE plugin for MusicBee, but it is awesome! I also use WASAPI with my external DAC.

Anyway, the plugin works exactly as I expect, and I really enjoy the lighting effect on my Strafe RGB keyboard.

If possible, I would love to see integration with my Scimitar mouse, please.

Thanks again!

-Andy

derTyp

In the current version all corsair devices (supported by CUE) should also work with the plugin.
What exactly is not working? Can you see the mouse in the device list? Or is it just not performing any effects?

Unfortunately I don't have a scimitar or any other corsair mouse to test.

wawawa

Really nice plugin, but there's an issue on my K70 Rapidfire RGB, the last row on the numpad(-, +, Enter) is not included in the spectrograph as the LEDs in that row do not light up when in spectrograph mode, works fine when set to beat. Using the 1.0.0 release.

derTyp

Hi, could you try this version to see if it fixes the issue?

https://ci.appveyor.com/api/buildjobs/96x9s9dbgsr4re2v/artifacts/CorsairLED-MB-Plugin-Release-fix_keyboard_columns-34.zip

Edit:
Nevermind, released in v1.0.1
Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 09:53:09 PM by derTyp

wawawa

Vessel2000

Hi, just started using Musicbee and saw this plugin thinking "I NEED TO TRY THIS!" but it's not working :(
It's enabled under plugins and I've set both my K70 and M65 to spectrograph and once applied my keyboard goes black.
Restarted Musicbee and I had to go to plugins to enable it which I found weird. So I did and it's not picking up my keyboard or mouse when I hit configure. It just shows a blank white box.

Using

Musicbee version: 3.2.6760

Corsair iCUE version: 3.5.111

derTyp

Hi,

sorry for the late reply, I seem to not be getting the forum notifications ...

I am aware of the Issue and think it's because of a change in the API that happened with the CUE->iCUE switch. I guess I have to release a hotfix version because a proper fix would require a library switch that in turn requires some code changes I can not estimate.

I will post back when the hotfix is released