Author Topic: AutoDJ problem  (Read 8708 times)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
In a previous Forum Post, DIVERSITY originally wrote:-
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21725.0

[LONG VERSION]  :-X
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21725.msg127621#msg127621

[UPDATED and ABRIDGED version]  :-\
MINOR ISSUE #1 - PLAYLIST MIXER
My PLAYLIST MIXER, named 'WIFE MIX', is fed by 5 AUTO-PLAYISTS, which are all configured similar to this example:-

LIBRARY
* Music track source: 'Library'
* All
* Title is not [playing track]
* Last Played is not in the last 30 days
* Skip Count is less than 1
* Rating is not 1*
* Limit to 100 items selected by least recently played
* Shuffle: Random
* Selected by: track
* Automatically refresh the matching tracks

The PLAYLIST MIXER looks like this:-

WIFE MIX
 * Gap before same artist can repeat = 20
 * Play sequence: Play each criteria in sequence
 * Music track source: Playlist

* Playlist [Artist starts with '' JINGLE  ] = [1 ]
   * Playlist [Artist starts with '' LIBRARY] = [1 ]
   * Playlist [Artist starts with '' OLDIES  ] = [1 ]
   * Playlist [Artist starts with '' CLASSIC] = [1 ]
   * Playlist [Artist starts with '' WIFE       ] = [1 ]

Executing the PLAYLIST MIXER with a DOUBLE-CLICK will add and maintain up to around 32 tracks in NOW PLAYING, and will continue until the feeder AUTO-PLAYISTS run out of items that meet the criteria in CONFIGURE.
If you exit MB, then re-run (Prefs / Player / on startup: resume position), now press PLAY, the music continues, but always stops at the end of the last track in PLAYING NOW.
Would be great if the PLAYLIST MIXER could continue working it's magic after a re-boot! (or is it already designed to do that, and I just have a preference setting wrong?).

MINOR ISSUE #2 - AUTO-DJ
If I configure AUTO-DJ to try and get it to maintain a continuous flow of music, like this:-

MUSIC BEE PREFERENCES - AUTO DJ
* Initial list size 1
* Maintain 25 upcoming tracks
* Source music tracks from: Playlist [WIFE MIX]
* Selection mode: Random - select by track

AUTO DJ drops DUPLICATES of RECENTLY PLAYED tracks from PLAYLIST MIXER into NOW PLAYING, despite ALL the feeder PLAYLISTS being configured to: "Last Played is not in the last 30 days"

I hope I have explained that clearly?
Does anyone else have AUTO-PLAYLISTS feeding a PLAYLIST MIXER configured similar this?? If so, do you see similar odd behaviour??
Any help, assistance, tips hints a fix or a 'slap' most welcome and appreciated :-) Thank you!  :D

MB 3.1 RC1
Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 04:19:31 PM by DIVERSITY FM

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
========================================================================
 AUTO-DJ adds duplicate tracks from AUTO PLAYLIST to NOW PLAYING via AUTO-DJ
========================================================================
After updating to MB v3.1 RC1, I performed some more testing to see if the AUTO-DJ issue was resolved.

Set up AUTO-DJ like this:-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/icfxzoygu4rntdg/MB%20Duplicate%20tracks-2.jpg?dl=0

Please refer to NOW PLAYING screen capture.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7w2c7rfi0qx9m0r/MB%20Duplicate%20tracks-1.jpg?dl=0

In Pos #2. A Kinder Eye, Level 42, played, 12/08/2017 @ 16:39.
The same track started to play again @ 16:49 directly AFTER the track
in Pos #5. Under Your Thumb, 10cc, which had just played, 12/08/2017 @16:49

The same track was added again in Pos #6, #15, #19, and #21.
All of the tracks, up to and including the one at Pos #25. are duplicated 3 or 4 times in that one 30 track listing.
Only the tracks after Pos #25, so far, are as expected with Auto-Playlist criteria = "Last Played is not in the last 30 days".

AUTO PLAYLIST functions ok until AUTO-DJ takes control  :'(
Anyone at all using a AUTO PLAYLIST with AUTO-DJ seeing this problem or just myself????
Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 11:38:35 AM by Fred Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
=======================================================================
 AUTO-DJ adds duplicate tracks from AUTO PLAYLIST to NOW PLAYING via AUTO-DJ
=======================================================================
After updating to MB v3.1 RC1, I performed some more testing to see if the AUTO-DJ issue was resolved.

In Pos #2. A Kinder Eye, Level 42, played, 12/08/2017 @ 16:39.
The same track started to play again @ 16:49 directly AFTER the track had just played.
In Pos #5. Under Your Thumb, 10cc, which had just played, 12/08/2017 @16:49
The same track was added AGAIN in Pos #6, #15, #19, and #21.
All of the tracks, up to and including the one at Pos #25. are duplicated 3 or 4 times in that one 30 track listing.
Only the tracks after Pos #25, so far, are as expected with Auto-Playlist criteria = "Last Played is not in the last 30 days", and "Track IS NOT Playing"

AUTO PLAYLISTS function perfectly ok until AUTO-DJ takes control  :'(
Anyone at all using AUTO PLAYLISTS with AUTO-DJ seeing this problem or just myself? ????

[ EDIT | UPDATE | PROBLEM STILL EXISTS | Reverted back to MB v3.1 RC1]
I realise that many MB fans love fiddling with TAGS and SORTING, but I'd love to get my most favourite MB function; AUTO-DJ working as expected.
My AUTO-DJ is fed by a series of AUTO-PLAYLISTS configure in part with "Last played IS NOT in the last 130 days"

I recently added a similar criteria to the AUTO-DJ FILTER, but the DUPLICATES (played the same day), still get added, often almost immediately and in bulk.
Anyone interested please refer to the screenshots in the links (sorry, can't figure out how to add JPG image view)  :-[
AUTO-DJ is setup like this:-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/icfxzoygu4rntdg/MB%20Duplicate%20tracks-2.jpg?dl=0

NOW PLAYING looked like this:-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7w2c7rfi0qx9m0r/MB%20Duplicate%20tracks-1.jpg?dl=0

Regards: Fred
Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 12:34:04 PM by Fred Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
On the Auto DJ panel, tick the apply filter: box and in the AutoDJ Custom Filter panel that opens add both rules:

Last Played  |  is not in the last  |  130  | days
Title  |  is not  |  [playing track]

I recently added a similar criteria to the AUTO-DJ FILTER, but the DUPLICATES (played the same day), still get added, often almost immediately and in bulk.
AUTO-DJ is setup like this:-

Your image does not show the filter being active.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Bee-liever Says:
On the Auto DJ panel, tick the apply filter: box and in the AutoDJ Custom Filter panel that opens add both rules:

Last Played  |  is not in the last  |  130  | days
Title  |  is not  |  [playing track]

Well spotted!!, and thanks for the prompt response, however, I have "ticked" and "unticked" and fiddled with the settings dozens of times, but alas. I always end up with the same result of duplication.

FILTERING:-
All
 *Grouping does not contain ONLY ME
 *Last Played is not in the last 130 days
 *Title is not [playing track]
 *Skip Count is 0
 *Rating is not 1*

The AUTO-DJ "Feeder" AUTO-PLAYLIST of approx. 120 tracks, plays with no problem in NOW PLAYING window if Queued and played.

Also: I would be very interested to see how, in simplistic silver surfer terminology, how you got (my) graphic to display within the post??

And finally, that dam Malwarebytes thing is complaining about my postings  :o  

Best regards: Fred
Last Edit: December 17, 2017, 02:01:11 PM by Fred Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

Bee-liever

I have "ticked" and "unticked" and fiddled with the settings dozens of times, but alas. I always end up with the same result of duplication.
Yes!
It's taken several hours, but I was finally able to get it to duplicate.
While MB is continuously playing, I couldn't get a duplication in the playlist, but if I restart MB and continue running the AutoDJ then I will get a duplicate.

It would seem that the songs already loaded into the playlist are not taken into account when MB restarts, so those upcoming tracks (25 in your case) can be duplicated everytime AutoDJ is restarted (unless you press Stop and reload the list)

Also: I would be very interested to see how, in simplistic silver surfer terminology, how you got (my) graphic to display within the post??
If you "quote" that post of mine again, you can see that I used a different http link than the ones in your post.
This is the direct link to the actual image (from the page) that I've put between the image blocks.
Not the link to the webpage as you have used.

Most sites have (at least) 2 url's for an image, a sharing link and a direct link.
It's that direct link you need for posting images in the forum.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
I have "ticked" and "unticked" and fiddled with the settings dozens of times, but alas. I always end up with the same result of duplication.
Yes!
It's taken several hours, but I was finally able to get it to duplicate.
While MB is continuously playing, I couldn't get a duplication in the playlist, but if I restart MB and continue running the AutoDJ then I will get a duplicate.

It would seem that the songs already loaded into the playlist are not taken into account when MB restarts, so those upcoming tracks (25 in your case) can be duplicated everytime AutoDJ is restarted (unless you press Stop and reload the list)

☆☆☆☆☆
Nice to know I'm not going loopy, and thanks so much for experimenting to reproduce and diagnose the problem!
Do I have to move posts to "bugs" or will Steven, despite being busy with 3.2 pick up on it for investigation?

As for your explanation of the Dropbox graphic display in a post page - sounds easy, so will have a try later.

Thanks very much, regards: Fred

Bee-liever

Do I have to move posts to "bugs" or will Steven, despite being busy with 3.2 pick up on it for investigation?
I don't think it's a bug per se, but more the way Steven has implemented AutoDJ.
It's probably better to put a post in the wishlist forum about having AutoDJ check the entries in the playlist on restart.