Author Topic: how to enter Albums manually  (Read 2981 times)

Bentley

Auto-tag by album does not find a few albums, now I have to enter manually but how? I searched this forum with different search words but no simple how to enter an album and tags manually. I have the album tracks transferred into MB select them now what are the next moves I need to take?

phred

• Global Moderator
You need to edit the tags to your liking.
See the wiki entry on tags: http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Tags
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Bentley

This I understand for selecting all and tagging all with the root tags for the album in edit but how do you let say there's 12 tracks and want to name each with it's own title from that same edit window? I have done the root tags for the album with all selected and saved then go back and select each track>edit- enter track title and save but this seems like a long way to do it. In the initial edit window there needs to be the list of tracks you have selected then you can edit the track titles for each then save I am transferring cassettes so no data is present and my player puts it's own file name for the track this is why I have to enter them manually. Just a note for auto-tag by album if the album does show up they are not accurate some times as in, the tracks might be there but not in the right order which has me going in and rearranging so manual entry is more accurate for me if I can stream line the entries from the initial edit window.

frankz

Welcome to tagging. It's tedious.

If you hit F2 or double click really slow on a title in the main panel (not the edit window) you can edit titles right from there.

Otherwise, after you do your full album edit,  go back to the main panel and select the first track, being up the edit window, enter a title, and click the arrow at the bottom to navigate to the next track.

phred

• Global Moderator
or double click really slow on a title in the main panel0
In order to do this you have to first enable direct editing in Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling
Or you can simply select a track > right-click > edit

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

frankz

In order to do this you have to first enable direct editing in Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling

Oops, forgot I did that when I installed.  Yeah, what he said.

Or you can simply select a track > right-click > edit
I mentioned that, but yeah, that too.

Bentley

Thanks everyone, some I knew. I was hoping from the initial tracks selected, right click > edit, the tracks would be listed 1 to .... so the tags and renaming the tracks could've been done all in the one edit window. I will rename before I do the selection and edit. The funny thing the next four cassettes I transfered showed up in the Auto-Tag by Album and the info was right and in proper order for tracks just the images are wrong many times. Finding the images online is fine, copy and paste so not a big deal except why are images wrong often?

phred

• Global Moderator
Thanks everyone, some I knew. I was hoping from the initial tracks selected, right click > edit, the tracks would be listed 1 to ....
You have to add the track number tag while entering the other track info. Of course you can enter the track numbers first for the entire album and then go back and do the titles, etc, but why go through the album more than once. Do each track's info at once, and then move to the next track.

why are images wrong often?
I'd guess that it depends on your source. You can arrange to order of artwork providers in Preferences > Tags (2) > artwork. Click on the ... and move the providers up/down as you wish.

There's also a freeware app call Album Art Downloader which you can integrate into MB's 'sent to' menu and it does a fairly decent job of finding decent-sized artwork.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki