Author Topic: AutoDJ problem  (Read 8706 times)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Hi Guys!
I've had MB (v3.1.6275), for about 2 months and love it!  :D
However, I'm also having problems with the Auto-DJ feature, but I'm sure it's just me being thick and not a bug, otherwise I would expect to see many more posts!

Auto DJ Settings are currently: - (although I have tried a combination of other settings).
* Initial list size 1
* Maintain 25 upcoming tracks
* Source music tracks from: Playlist 'WIFE MIX'
* Selection mode: Random - select by track

The 'WIFE MIX' is an Auto Playlist:-
* Any
* Playlist is WIFE
* Playlist is CLASSICAL
* Playlist is STARRED
  * And
      * All
        * Last Played is not in the last 10 days <===(Note: If Auto-DJ were pulling in new tracks, this option should trap any repeats??)                                          
         * Skip Count is 0
        * Rating is not 1*
* Limit to: 100 items Random
* Shuffle: Random

Whilst listening to music in 'Playing Now' view, after about 10 - 15 tracks have been played, and the list contains the max of 30 tracks (or one, on view page), the Auto-DJ function adds tracks that have already been played!

Play Now action Settings are:
* Clear list and play selected tracks only
* Prune played tracks: keep the last 5 tracks

Any hints, tips, advice would be much appreciated...

Cheers!
Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 05:16:18 PM by psychoadept

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Hi again......

Tonight, MB Auto-DJ played 24 tracks with no problem. but then added 3 tracks that had already been played within the last 10 minutes, despite there being 200 tracks remaining in the feeder playlist that had not been played for ages.

Seems like the Auto Playlist that's feeds Auto-DJ may not be getting refreshed??
In the 'Now Playing' view, the track in the No.1 slot gets removed and the next one in the Auto Playlist is added to slot No.30.
All works ok for a while, then the list gets scrambled..... Any ideas please??

Still regularly getting the same problem!  :'(
I can't figure out how come no other MB fans that use Auto-DJ haven't mentioned it!

Freddy
Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:41:30 PM by Freddy Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Can you post a screenshot of the "wife mix" auto-playlist?  I may see the problem but I need to see the actual thing to confirm.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Can you post a screenshot of the "wife mix" auto-playlist?  I may see the problem but I need to see the actual thing to confirm.

Hope this is what you were after???
WIFE AUTO PLAYLIST
MAIN
https://www.dropbox.com/s/tnokz7zo909qea6/playlist-1.png?raw=1

CRITERIA DETAIL
https://www.dropbox.com/s/5zk9xvedlagfwgd/playlist-2.png?raw=1

Thanks very much for helping!!
Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 09:58:58 PM by DIVERSITY FM

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yep, that's what I was thinking.  The "last 10 days" criteria only applies to the rule it's attached to.  So all of the other rules can be from any time period.

What I suggest is, rather than setting the playlist sources as rules, change your "music track source" setting and select the playlists that you want to include.  Then make the auto playlist rule only those criteria in your sub rule.  Does that make sense?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Look at the top left of the auto playlist settings: you can set certain playlists as your source. That way you don't need to specify which playlists to use in the rules.  (Actually, looking now, you can only select one playlist at a time.  But you can work around this by putting the playlists in a folder and selecting the folder.  I think I'll make a wishlist request about this, though.)

Then, your playlist rules are just Last Played, Skip Count, and Rating.  OR you could use "least recently played" in the "selected by" menu further down in the settings, instead of making a rule for that.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
The "last 10 days" criteria only applies to the rule it's attached to.  So all of the other rules can be from any time period.

You were completely correct!! 

I amended one of the 'feeder' playlists to ensure it contained a few tracks that were played on 26th (yesterday), despite "my 10 days rule", yes they were, as you suggested, included in the WIFE MIX.......

A grown man can cry!  :'(

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Initial list size '1', and maintain '18' upcoming tracks, random: select by track
When the 18 upcoming tracks where being selected, Dub Gussett would have still been playing.
As MB doesn't write the last played data until the track has finished then, technically, Dub Gussett hadn't been played in the last 10 days at the time of selection.
I've always thought that MB should exclude the currently playing track from autoDJ selection.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

I've always thought that MB should exclude the currently playing track from autoDJ selection.
Oh duh! How dumb am I! (don't answer that, it may incriminate me)  ;D
Just add:
Title  -  is not  -  [playing track]

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Oh duh! How dumb am I! (don't answer that, it may incriminate me)  ;D
Just add:
Title  -  is not  -  [playing track]

Hi Bee-liever

I would never agree to you being dumb, and I would never mention it, even if I thought so (haha!!), also I never thought of that either, but will be conducting further experiments over the weekend.
All I want to achieve, is the non-stop playing of a curated mix from my music library, using nested Auto Playlists and Auto-DJ.
The 'Now Playing' window/panel should display and maintain up to 30 tracks (one page), plus 'prune played tracks:' keep the last '5'.
(As 1 new track gets added in position 30, the track in position 1 gets dropped). How hard can that be? MB seems to provide every option to make that work....

I thought I had tried everything, (but not Title  is not  [playing track])
I'm very grateful for your assistance - Thanks very much - I'll report back my findings later!!

Cheers :-)
Last Edit: April 29, 2017, 01:07:13 PM by DIVERSITY FM

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Oh duh! How dumb am I! (don't answer that, it may incriminate me)  ;D
Just add:
Title  -  is not  -  [playing track]

Hi Bee-liever....
I was really hoping that would fix the problem, and it was all going so well, 39 tracks played without incident, then just as I was about to celebrate, I saw a dreaded duplicate.....assuming I have the 'trap' in the right place of course??

...and just in case it was a glitch... a while later!

...and again! - but this time, a track (at position 14 and 28) coming up in Now Playing - last played 30/05/2015 (only 1 single entry in the Auto Playlist that feeds Auto-DJ).

00-INCLUDE
* All
* Title is not [playing track]
* Last Played is not in the last 10 days
* Grouping does not contain ONLY ME
* Skip Count is less than 1
* Rating is not 1*
* No Limit
Any other ideas please??   :'(
Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:45:16 PM by Freddy Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

Bee-liever

.....assuming I have the 'trap' in the right place of course??
Rather than in the playlist, try it in the custom filter from the AutoDJ panel itself.

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Rather than in the playlist, try it in the custom filter from the AutoDJ panel itself.

Good Morning :-)
A great idea!, but one that I'm sure I've tried before, however, I tested that theory today, but alas!!, still no joy [sob].
I also tried adding 'Last played is not in the last 10 days' to the Auto-DJ settings AND the Auto Playlist containing 500 tracks, and after playing just ONE track, a duplicate was added during the first refresh!!

Thanks again for your invaluable assistance - Cheers!
Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 10:46:40 PM by Freddy Barker [DIVERSITY FM]

hiccup

Just an idea, you might consider setting up some poll for this?:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=29.0
Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 06:12:30 PM by hiccup

Freddy Barker

• 🎧 MB 3.4.7628P
Just an idea, you might consider setting up some poll for this?:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?board=29.0

You're full of great ideas! Thanks very much! I was thinking that would be an option, but not how to do it  ;D