Author Topic: Mass File Tagging Using Last.fm Tag Cloud?  (Read 2372 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
so I just played with keywords and mood fields in MB (how come mood does not seem to be a multi value field ?), and looked at the MB Auto-Taggers to do those with as well.
Unfortunately, the ones I would be after to auto-populate are keywords/mood/Occasion/grouping. which do not seem to be exposed here and only accessible via Auto-Tag by Track as per:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Auto-Tagging

Is there ways around this ?
All attributes that the MB auto tagger does maintain, I have set to what I want it to be and must not change. Potentially interesting could be pumping the Genre from freedb/musicbrainz into a custom field.... but, the more interesting ones to me being only accessible as "Auto-Tag by Track" this makes it a no go...
Is there any way to do this either by album, or a mass-auto-tag via selection even ?

In an ideal case for me - I would love to select multiple albums at once, and see what keywords/mood/occasion/grouping I would get from external sources for each of the files (in list view), and quickly decide/set these for dozens/hundreds of files where to set which tags to...

Churs.
c.
Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:13:46 AM by alec.tron

alec.tron

Nevermind.
Turns out "Auto-Tag by Track" does work on multiple files - but does not have a preview/review/edit function of the incoming auto-tag data.

My starting point was the Tag Editor (Shift + Enter) where the Tags (2) tab has a LastFM Keyword fetch functionality via [...] which then can/does act as a preview of the incoming data... and on my first tests the returned keywords were surprisingly on point for me personally [admittedly it was a tad obscure, so there were few and fitting 'keywords' by sheer luck/coincidence... ] (yet I still would want to see what is suggested before commiting to writing the data to metadata in-file...).
The same test through "Auto-Tag by Track" (which turns out works on multiples but does not have a similar preview/editing capability as going through the tag editor has, and) with somewhat more popular artist, the keywords retrieved immediately became too wide/unspecific, and most of all, way too many...
So I'll shelve the idea to use that... or maybe just occasionally for the less popular things :D

Churs.
c.
Last Edit: April 26, 2017, 11:32:34 AM by alec.tron