Author Topic: Album continually re-adding?  (Read 3879 times)

Steven

• Administrator
i still cant reproduce this. One thing that would be useful to know is if the playcount or skip count is reset.
Could you play or skip the file, exit MB and when you restart and the date added is changed then see if the playcount or skipcount has reset

josephzitt

Here's what I'm seeing now:

I added the album on 4/22/2017 at 2:34 PM
Jóhann Jóhannsson ‎– Free The Mind
https://www.discogs.com/Jóhann-Jóhannsson-Free-The-Mind/release/5191827

Today, I shut down MusicBee and restarted it. I now see:
Modified: 4/22/2017 2:34 PM
Added: 4/24/2017 1:43 AM

I played one track, shut MusicBee down and restarted -- but this time, it didn't change the "Added" date, and kept the right play count and time.

I had also added an Ólafur Arnalds track at about the same time and played it right away, but nothing seems to have changed on it unusually,

So something did clearly get weird on the Jóhannsson (since, clearly, I couldn't have modified it before I added it), but it's not behaving consistently.
(The most maddening thing is when something fails to fail as expected  :)  )

boroda

Steven

• Administrator
when you sent me your settings zip, you didn't send MusicBee3Settings.ini (you sent MusicBeeSettings.ini)
can you send me that file
Also do you have "automatically calculate replay gain" ticked in Preferences/Tags(2)?

josephzitt

when you sent me your settings zip, you didn't send MusicBee3Settings.ini (you sent MusicBeeSettings.ini)
can you send me that file
Also do you have "automatically calculate replay gain" ticked in Preferences/Tags(2)?

I've sent the file. But I don't appear to have any option with that name available in my Preferences/Tags(2).
Do you mean "calculate and write missing replaygain tags for new music files"? It's the only mention of replaygain or "replay gain" on that screen.