Author Topic: musicbee playing mp4 files  (Read 7755 times)

valen54

I just use musicbee to organize my files instead of itunes. and something very strange happened.

my itunes playlist have alot of mp4 files (my mp3 and mp4 files are in one playlist). when i import them to musicbee, i can play the mp4 files in audio only mode (automatically set to audio when i import from itunes). but after i re organize all of my files to another folder, it will be played in vlc instead.

at first i thought that i do something wrong with my setting. then i look around google and it turns out that musicbee doesnt support mp4/video.

well...

first question: if musicbee doesnt support mp4/video, how the hell am i able to play it in audio only in the first place? and how to setting it to do that again?

second question: is it possible to set musicbee to play the next mp4/mp3 after the current mp4 end? (in vlc when the mp4 end it will stop playing, doesnt go to the next mp4/mp3)

sorry if it was a stupid question.

boroda

mp4 videos are directly supported by mb (ofc audio channel only) because they may be music clips. actually reorganizing media files shouldn't change mb behavior, but plays mp4 files if they are in 'music' node and default video player is run if video mp4 files are in 'video' node. for continuous video playback there is a plugin.

valen54

mp4 videos are directly supported by mb (ofc audio channel only) because they may be music clips. actually reorganizing media files shouldn't change mb behavior, but plays mp4 files if they are in 'music' node and default video player is run if video mp4 files are in 'video' node. for continuous video playback there is a plugin.

how to change the mp4 to music node?

btw, what is 'node'?
i dont see any 'node' in musicbee setting

boroda

node list is displayed on left panel, all these: music, audiobooks, podcasts, video, auto-dj, etc. you might need to hover mouse over mb left side to view this panel (it depends on your settings). to 'change node' just select the files you want and drag'n'drop the other node.

valen54

node list is displayed on left panel, all these: music, audiobooks, podcasts, video, auto-dj, etc. you might need to hover mouse over mb left side to view this panel (it depends on your settings). to 'change node' just select the files you want and drag'n'drop the other node.

thank you, i can play mp4 in audio only mode now

i just found out that left sidebar and thumbnail browser is two different things. thats why it always change back to album mode.

phred

• Global Moderator
@valen54- You might want to spend some time looking over the Wiki, starting with this:
http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/The_Anatomy_of_MusicBee
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here