Author Topic: Don't show Group (tag) labels if all the visible albums don't have it  (Read 1348 times)

Quicksaver

I created a custom tag to separate studio/originals albums from others (Live, EPs, compilations, etc); called it "Album Type". MusicBee does a very nice job of separating these when I set it to group albums by that tag, grouping each under a label corresponding to whatever is set on the tag.

I assumed that feature would be to differentiate between several types of albums based on whatever criteria (depending on what combination of tags you set it to use). However, when all the albums shown have the same value in the tag, it still shows a label for the corresponding tag above them. For instance, if I were to fill all my files with some kind of default value for that tag, like "Album", I'd still see the "Album" label at the top of every albums page, which is kind of... D'uh. :)

It may be worth not showing the single group label in that case, or at the least not show it when none of the visible albums have that tag set, so that they aren't grouped under a "Unknown Album Type" label, which when shown alone I think is kinda useless information that is just taking space; the same way track listing in the expanded view doesn't increase the height of each track row when it's supposed to show some tag under its title but none of the tracks have that tag set.

(BTW I went through every preference and option dialog I could find to see if I could somehow do that already, but couldn't find anything. If I did miss it somehow, I'm sorry, please let me know where it's located.)