Author Topic: Country Overkill--What am I doing wrong?  (Read 1798 times)

warthog01

Hi

I'm a genuine noobie and I've got about 5000 tracks in my music collection, around 25% of which are C&W. I'm playing back in random but virtually every track played for the past three hours has been C&W. How can I set up MB (in very simple terms, please) so it's playing a genuine random mix of ALL my music?

Thanks

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I haven't noticed any issues with the shuffle feature. What version of MB are you running? How are you telling MB which files to play? How are you telling MB to play the tracks randomly? Have you checked the shuffle settings? ( Ctrl+o > Now Playing )
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

boroda

warthog01

CritterMan & Boroda

Thanks for getting back to me. I'm using version 3.1.6312, I've tried both auto DJ (which admittedly I don't completely understand) but now getting better results with generic shuffle.

I guess what I really need is a tutorial that doesn't get too deeply into the nuts and bolts. I've Googled, but everything that comes up is pretty technical. All I really want to do is listen to my music, be able to refer to lyrics, bios and Album art. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks again

Warthog

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Not being a user of the auto DJ, I can only offer the MB
wiki:

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Playback

If no one replies to this thread with some advice on using the auto DJ, you might change the title of the thread to request help using auto DJ.
Last Edit: April 24, 2017, 03:21:24 PM by psychoadept
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

warthog01

OK, thanks, CritterMan--can I assume you're a generic shuffle fan. That seems to be working pretty well now.

Cheers

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
When using auto dj, be sure you don't have "only include tracks rated by last.fm as more than x% similar" turned on.  That setting could definitely cause what you describe.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

warthog01

Thanks, Psychoadept. That was checked on--I've unchecked and will go with auto DJ for awhile--Can you explain just what it does in 25 words or less?? :o

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
It restricts genre based on last.fm's data.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)