Author Topic: Album continually re-adding?  (Read 3878 times)

josephzitt

Every time that I restart MusicBee and rescan the library, one of my albums shows up as newly added, even though it's been there for a while. I had seen this problem on occasion for artists or albums with accented vowels in their names, but it doesn't seem to be the case here.

This is the album:
https://www.discogs.com/Daniel-Bjarnason-Processions/release/2001114

Any ideas why this is happening?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Well, at least on that link his name has an accented vowel...
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

alec.tron

Is that a known issue in MusicBee ? i.e. having issues with letters with diacritic marks ?
(I've had to clean up my main library to be completely void of them in filenames thanks to... yep... Serato & it not being able to deal with them at all - but would be good to know if this is an issue in MB as well).
c.

josephzitt

Well, at least on that link his name has an accented vowel...
Wow, you're right. I had completely missed the accent on the "í".

So what's the deal with the accents? Is it a Windows limitation or a long-standing MusicBee problem. I've been using MusicBee since 2013, and I remember it even back then.

Steven

• Administrator
one of my albums shows up as newly added
what do you mean by this? where are you looking and how do you determine that musicbee thinks its newly added?

josephzitt

Looking at the tracks listing in the main window, the "Date Added" field has changed to moments after I restarted MusicBee, though the "Date Modified" field is unchanged.

Steven

• Administrator
I just tried and its working fine for me. Can you send me the 2 settings files:
MusicBeeLibrarySettings.ini in the root music\ musicbee folder
and
MusicBee3Settings.ini using help/ support/ view settings

also what is your computer country/region set to?

josephzitt

My country/region is "United States".

How can I send you the settings files? I don't recognize a way to attach files in this editor, and pasting the contents results in a message too large to send.

boroda

upload zip of files to any file hosting server, eg mediafire.com, and pm link to the zip to Steven.

josephzitt

For what it's worth, this has happened pretty consistently over the years when dealing with artists or albums with "ó" or "Ó" in their names. I've had to change those characters to unaccented versions of the characters in everything by Jóhann Jóhannsson or Ólafur Arnalds. I don't think I'd encountered an accented "í" until, as psychoadept pointed out, I recently added the Daníel Bjarnason album, but that caused the behavior, too, and changing it to a normal "i" fixed it.

And it seems based on the folder name, not the name in the database: it had been triggered by this album, "Neharót". When I changed the character from within MusicBee, it didn't stop the continual updating until I went into Explorer and changed the character in the folder name (since changing it within MusicBee didn't cause the folder name to change). Maybe that will give some further information as to what's happening.
https://www.discogs.com/Kim-Kashkashian-Betty-Olivero-Tigran-Mansurian-Eitan-Steinberg-Neharót/release/2045955

I suspect that those characters (or perhaps what the program expects based on their ASCII values?) have some special meaning to MusicBee or something that is within it, but that's just a guess.

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
Just curious, but do you have "ignore diacritic marks when searching" in
Preferences> Tags (2)> tag handling
turned on or off?
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8830 P
It's turned on.
I know sorting shouldn't depend on this, but I was hoping it was something simple.
What version of Windows are you using?
If it's a Home/Basic version you might not have an International language pack installed.
I had a similar problem with Office in Windows 7.
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

josephzitt

I'm running Windows 10 Home. I haven't done anything with Internationalization that I know of.