Author Topic: option to either select, play, or open the expanded panel in Album Cover view  (Read 18830 times)

redwing

I don't think so as it's still happening and I'm not directly clicking the button. It seems to me that if you show five albums at the bottom row, it happens once for each of the five album position for that session. Next session you will see it's happening again at least five times. It's more easily noticeable for albums, the height of expanded panel of which is longer than the height of album row.
Last Edit: July 17, 2017, 05:12:00 PM by redwing

redwing

But that was an observation with the last version, but this version seems working a bit different on further testing. I just found a few albums that always leaves the button on the panel for a short time even during the same session. What they have in common is their artwork dimension is bigger than others like 3000x3000.

redwing

Excellent! I no longer see the button from any albums including those with big artwork. Thanks!

justkid24

I noticed a small bug here: when in the music explore and in similar artists, a play button appears but doesn't play music but takes you to the artist page. Can you fix this so it plays the music of the artist?

I would also like to request: if you can add play button on the main artist image in Music explore and allow to expand the image if you double click it (i cannot explain how many times i forgot that you cannot expand the artist image and clicked on it thinking that it would.) This may conflict others if they don't turn on the play button feature...so i can live without it if you feel it cannot be done.

Steven

• Administrator
I would also like to request: if you can add play button on the main artist image in Music explore and allow to expand the image if you double click it (i cannot explain how many times i forgot that you cannot expand the artist image and clicked on it thinking that it would.) This may conflict others if they don't turn on the play button feature...so i can live without it if you feel it cannot be done.
are you refering to the artist picture on the profile page?

Steven

• Administrator
the play button bug is fixed.
As to this: "allow to expand the image if you double click it" - i still dont know what you mean. Expand what?
I guess i would be ok to add support for a play button on the artist picture

justkid24

I would like to open the image like you can do with album artwork, here is an example: http://i.imgur.com/Zn865nA.png

Currently, if you double click it just plays the artist songs but with the play button to play the songs, you can replace the double click to open the image up.

Steven

• Administrator
the play button is done for the next update but showing a full size picture is not done because MB doesnt actually keep the full size thumb picture

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: July 21, 2017, 09:06:55 PM by Steven

redwing

I guess i would be ok to add support for a play button on the artist picture

I don't think this is really useful or suits the layout of Music Explorer node.
If the artist is already playing (most times in my case), then what the button does is only pause/play.
Also I don't think the button goes along with the header layout.
If you still want to keep it, then can you at least make it showing up only when the mouse is over the artist picture rather than over the whole header?

Steven

• Administrator
i want to leave it in but i am ok with changing it to only show over the picture

hiccup

When the main panel is in Album Cover view, and you have the expanded panel enabled, when you click on an album the expanded panel opens.
That makes it slightly difficult if you just want to select several albums (by clicking and holding Ctrl).

Bump.

This tread became quite lengthy and digressed a lot, but the original issue still remains.

Using album cover view and the extended panel option (both are nice), it is still impossible to select one or more albums without the expanded panel opening, which results in all albums getting other positions then they had before you clicked the first one.
That makes it a jumpy and nervous exercise to select more than one album for further actions.
(plain irritating to be honest)

One solution I can think of could be that e.g. clicking the top left corner of an album only selects it, and doesn't collapse the extended panel.
Another solution could be using a modifier key, so that e.g. using {Alt}+{left mouse click} only selects, and doesn't collapse the album.