Author Topic: option to either select, play, or open the expanded panel in Album Cover view  (Read 19056 times)

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

I have made the following tweaks to the expanded panel layout - it probably wont affect most people:
- the sub-headers should be better spaced vertically, especially when 2 rows show per track
- when you configure the expanded panel with extra fields, 2 rows always displayed for each track. Now if an entire section (under a sub-header) has no value in the extra fields, then a single row displayed per track in the sub-header section.
- currently when the album has any arists that differ from the album artist, 2 rows always displayed per track. That remains the case when multiple columns are displayed but now when the expanded panel only has one column, only the tracks that have a differing artist show a second line. I might undo that if people complain about it though
Last Edit: July 16, 2017, 02:50:25 PM by Steven

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
- the sub-headers should be better spaced vertically, especially when 2 rows show per track
- when you configure the expanded panel with extra fields, 2 rows always displayed for each track. Now if an entire section (under a sub-header) has no value in the extra fields, then a single row displayed per track in the sub-header section
I know it would probably play havoc with the symmetry of the panel but I'd really love it if those extra fields don't fit in the single line, they would wrap into a second line rather than be truncated with an ellipsis
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

redwing

- when you configure the expanded panel with extra fields, 2 rows always displayed for each track. Now if an entire section (under a sub-header) has no value in the extra fields, then a single row displayed per track in the sub-header section.

What's the point of this? Now if all tracks have different artists from album artist, Disc 1 (sub-header) shows two rows, Disc 2 shows one row, Disc 3 shows two rows... So I added "Artists" to second line in panel configuration, but it makes no changes.

Steven

• Administrator

What's the point of this? Now if all tracks have different artists from album artist, Disc 1 (sub-header) shows two rows, Disc 2 shows one row, Disc 3 shows two rows... So I added "Artists" to second line in panel configuration, but it makes no changes.
the point only relates to the extra configured fields in the expanded panel. If any one or more tracks has an artist that differs from the album artist then the artist should display for every track. If its not doing that then its a bug although i would be surprised if that was the case

redwing

Then it must be a bug. Also I noticed if I add <Artists> in second line, Disc 1, 3 shows artists twice in the second row while Disc 2, 4 still shows only a single row (title).

Steven

• Administrator
Then it must be a bug. Also I noticed if I add <Artists> in second line, Disc 1, 3 shows artists twice in the second row while Disc 2, 4 still shows only a single row (title).
can you post a screenshot

Steven

• Administrator
try what myself?
you said "Now if all tracks have different artists from album artist, Disc 1 (sub-header) shows two rows, Disc 2 shows one row, Disc 3 shows two rows"
And I say that if any one or more track artist in the expanded panel differs from the album artist then all rows in the expanded panel (so that should be for disc 1,2,3) should show 2 rows ie. show the artist in all cases. I am assuming your discs are on the same album picture and your expanded panel shows more than one column (otherwise see my last bullet point)
I have tested that extensively so i need to see a screenshot to see what is going on.

redwing

It behaves the same regardless of the number of columns.

All tracks have the following values:
Album Artist: Georg Solti
Artist: Georg Solti; Wiener Philharmoniker

Note that Disc 1 & 3 shows the artists value twice in second row.

Steven

• Administrator
not sure what to make of that. One thing - its the Display Artist that is compared to the Album Artist and displayed. So is the display artist for all tracks in the album: "Georg Solti" or "Georg Solti; Wiener Philharmoniker" ?

redwing

Steven

• Administrator
Then in this case all tracks have a different Artist and Album Artist. So before you added <Artists> as an extra field all disc tracks should have displayed on two lines.
And when you included <Artists> as an extra field, there should always be a value for that and yet it doesnt show for Disc 2 and 4. I will have another look at the code but i dont get it.

redwing

No, I've never used any extra fields except the default Title. The reason I added <Artists> is it showed the same as the screenshot except Disc 1 & 3 showed artists only once in the second row.

Steven

• Administrator
are you navigating to this album via the Artists view, where there are multiple albums for that artist?

redwing

Albums view filtered by thumbnail browser <Album Artist> category. So the main panel shows all albums for the selected album artist.