Author Topic: option to either select, play, or open the expanded panel in Album Cover view  (Read 19053 times)

hiccup

When the main panel is in Album Cover view, and you have the expanded panel enabled, when you click on an album the expanded panel opens.
That makes it slightly difficult if you just want to select several albums (by clicking and holding Ctrl).
Also it is not possible to play an album with a single-click on that album.

I would much like it if it would be possible to have two small area's on the album cover (e.g. top left and top right) where you can click to either play the album directly, or to only select it. Probably with small icons that appears on hover-over.

phred

• Global Moderator
+1 for an excellent idea.

I remember way, way back in the early days of MB when one could hover on the album artwork and a small black 'Play" button/icon would appear. Click it and the album plays. Perhaps bring that back along with a second 'hot spot' for selecting. Clicking anywhere else on the artwork opens expanded view.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

hiccup

Yes, that's what I was thinking about.
I believe that particular play icon is still available, but only if you have disabled the expanded panel.

phred

• Global Moderator
I believe that particular play icon is still available, but only if you have disabled the expanded panel.
Hmmm ... I either didn't realize, or I have forgotten, that the expanded panel could be disabled. I just disabled it but there's no play icon displayed upon hovering.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

hiccup

Hmmmm, you're right.
That was probably removed not so very long ago then.
Strange that nobody complained, I found it quite handy myself.

Steven

• Administrator

phred

• Global Moderator
i will add a small play button when hovering over a cover
YEA!!!

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

redwing

i will add a small play button when hovering over a cover

The background circle of the button isn't really round. Looks a little edgy.

Also the look isn't consistent with the small play button at the top of expanded album. Maybe show only play icon with the mouse over the album, and then show background circle with the mouse over the play icon for both album cover button and expanded album button.

As for the visibility of selected albums in album view, the current 3px wide surrounding highlight line doesn't look enough especially when the album cover has similar color. How about painting caption area below it as well with the highlight color?

StefanIvanovic

This is very nice to have! But maybe if there was an option to put a little delay before button appears? Then it wouldn't be popping all the time, only when mouse cursor stops on the album cover, 300-500ms delay would be enough.

Steven

• Administrator
http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

some small tweaks to the button graphics and a small delay before the button displays

edit:
i see there is a bug with the play button not moving when the expanded panel opens
Last Edit: July 08, 2017, 05:15:27 PM by Steven

Steven

• Administrator

ToitoineFou

The new design looks great! Thanks :)

A slight detail bothers me though: when there's only one track with a subtitle (or whichever tag chosen), all the others have a space below them. Would it be possible to make them appear without that space? An option to hide the <Artist> tag below the title only for tracks where <Artist>=<Album Artist> would look very nice as well.

Steven

• Administrator
A slight detail bothers me though: when there's only one track with a subtitle (or whichever tag chosen), all the others have a space below them. Would it be possible to make them appear without that space?
can you post a screenshot