Author Topic: Beginning of songs  (Read 2573 times)

Steve Duncan

Hi everyone,
It's been forever since I've needed help, but thought I'd write.
I have a sudden problem with the beginning of a lot of the songs I play.
When I start the song, it doesn't start where it's supposed to - namely right before the first beat.  It starts already into the song.  Even if it's just for a millisecond, it's annoying.  Has anyone else had this problem?
I think maybe it might be a problem with a "fade in" button.  (If there is one).  Can someone tell me how to disable it please?
Thanks a lot.
Last Edit: April 17, 2017, 02:06:11 AM by Steve Duncan

Steve Duncan

Thanks a lot Wobbly,
Actually I DID find the fade button mentioned, but it didn't work when I disabled it.  This never happened before and just started happening with certain songs.
Thanks though.

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I can't seem to locate the thread, but I'm fairly certain this was addressed in a recent update to v3.1. The latest patch can be found here:

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip

Unzip to your MB directory and overwrite.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Steve Duncan

Yep CritterMan,  did that awhile ago.  Thank you though!

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Crtl+o > Player > audio player

Can you post a screenshot of your settings here? There might be some tweaks that could be made.

To be frank, I do still see some dropped frames at the beginning of the first track I play, but nothing like before the issue was fixed. I only notice it occurring when I first begin playback, and if I double-click the same track to restart playback it plays the track from the beginning as expected. Where not talking a large chunk lost here, maybe 2/10 of a second in my case. I don't know if it's MB or further down the chain. If this is what you're seeing, and you are running 3.1.6314, then this might be a bug. However, it does not always occur for me and I can't reliably reproduce the issue. If you can reliably reproduce it, it's worth further investigation.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)

Steven

• Administrator
are you using the Skip Silence DSP - check the Equaliser and DSP button settings in the Player preferences tab
The algorithm for that was changed recently

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
I am using no DSPs, the icon is grayed out.

Steve Duncan

Thanks Steven!  I should have known you'd know!
I disabled that, and the songs seem to be back to normal for now!
Let's keep our fingers crossed!  It's been ages since I had any issues with the program!
Thanks again, and thank you to everyone who tried to help.  I really appreciate it!

Steven

• Administrator
@CritterMan, the only other setting i can think of in your case is "skip starting and ending silence" in the Player preferences - thats not a DSP and not the same as Steve Duncans issue.

@Steve Duncan, would you mind PM'ing me a link to a zip of the song you noticed the issue as it seems i need to further adjust the skip silence dsp

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
@CritterMan, the only other setting i can think of in your case is "skip starting and ending silence" in the Player preferences - thats not a DSP and not the same as Steve Duncans issue.

Yep, confirmed.

andycoleman

are you using the Skip Silence DSP - check the Equaliser and DSP button settings in the Player preferences tab
The algorithm for that was changed recently

thanks bud, this was driving me crazy! tried everything else and this worked