Author Topic: MusicBee Future Wishlist  (Read 1423 times)

FLACTastic

Hi, i´m new here!
First off, thanks to Steven and everyone who is involved into the making of this awesome product named "MusicBee". I must say, from all the Music Programs on Windows MusicBee has always the Priority for me now. The Customization and
Music Organization (I have over 800.000 tracks in 1140 Folders) is still one of the most stable in this Program.
I tried them all:

Winamp: Good Sound with Fade Ins and Outs, but no Cache for Cover Art and also really buggy with the interface, somtimes crashing
AIMP: Great Sound and finally in a new update has Cover Art View for Albums, but with my Music Collection this App uses    much to Recources to a point where i can´t use the PC anymore...
Foobar2000: Great Sound, Shitty interface (i know there are skins all over the internet, but it´s hard to learn to skin this thing, maybe one day i take another look)
MediaMonkey: Not that bad Sound, but still to few options for me
JRiver: Fantastic Sound with Fade Ins and Outs, really best sound from all the above, but since JRiver support also Custom filetypes i use it for other things but music.
MusicBee: Awesome Interface and for me okay sound, but...there are still some things that i wished that they will find a way into it someday:

Better Sound: Well, i do not know why still from all the above Music Player i listed, everyone without any ASIO, just with the Directsound Ouput, still sounds much better than MusicBee. I even tried with plugins and the Equalizer to correct this, but to no success. I mean with normal Music like Rock or HipHop it sounds really good, but when it comes to Classical, it just stinks completely against the others Programs. Is it possible to somehow implenting some other Ouputs? Do they even exist? By the way, this brings me to the next point...

Better Winamp Output Plugin Support: I just wish it would be somehow possible to use all the Output Plugins without any Errors. Also i don´t know but somehow MusicBee broke much more Plugins in the newest update.

Better Notification PopUp Customization. The way AIMP uses it looks really good.

Fading: Manual Track Change and for Seekbar. Also Crossfade doesn´t work for me as it should.

3 Folder to 1 Album: So in example i have one Folder. In this Folder i have 3 Subfolder with different tracks in it. The Folder with the 3 Subfolder are named with different names. But the tracks in all the Folders have all the same Album Tag named "Album 01".
So, is it possible that MusicBee show that 3 Folders in the Cover View as one Album named "Album 01"?

Thanks so much for reading this!
Keep up the good work! :)
Last Edit: September 09, 2017, 09:30:37 PM by FLACTastic

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
3 Folder to 1 Album: So in example i have one Folder. In this Folder i have 3 Subfolder with different tracks in it. The Folder with the 3 Subfolder are named with different names. But the tracks in all the Folders have all the same Album Tag named "Album 01".
So, is it possible that MusicBee show that 3 Folders in the Cover View as one Album named "Album 01"?

This should happen already.  Check your settings in Sorting/Grouping preferences, make sure "files for each album are in their own folder" is not selected.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)