Author Topic: Not able to set storage path on my Android phone  (Read 5265 times)

Skunq

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
Hi,

I got MB yesterday and am now trying to get it to work for my Android phone. That is a deal breaker for me that I'm able to sync it with my phone so I can listen to my music on the go. But so far I haven't managed to get it to sync. Don't know why it's this troublesome really.

I have ticked the "detect MTP devices" and it has found my Galaxy S5 phone. Then I was trying to find the device overview in the 'navigation' panel that I read about, but I don't seem to have this navigation panel. Anyways, I then managed to find the phone by creating a new tab in the top. First I had problems with MB saying my device was not ready. Then I restarted MB and that's now solved.

Now the problem is that MB tells me that "The storage folder 'Galaxy S5 Neo\Phone\Music\' no longer exists and may need to be changed in the device synch preferences."

In the storage path I have two options: Galaxy S5 Neo\Phone\ and Galaxy S5 Neo\Card\. I don't have space enough in my internal storage, so I want to set it to sync to the SD card, but even when choosing this it still gives me that error message where it mentions the internal storage path. But the problem right now seems to be a different one now as it says the path doesn't even exist. I really don't get it.

CritterMan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 556
  • Now with FiiO M11!
When connecting your phone to your computer, you may have better success with another USB option. You can usually select these from your notifications on the phone. I don't remember the options you'll see on your specific phone, but if you have the option to mount the drives or use a camera mode, you might have better success.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

Skunq

  • Newbie
  • *
  • Posts: 3
I've tried setting it to "Transferring images"-mode, which is a PTP connection--still the same result. Have people here managed to sync to their phone or is there a general problem with this in MusicBee? I have used iTunes and Mediamonkey before, and syncing to my phone with those was easypeasy. Don't get why it's so troublesome with MusicBee as the software itself appears quite well-made.

CritterMan

  • Sr. Member
  • ****
  • Posts: 556
  • Now with FiiO M11!
Does the storage appear in Explorer? Check your storage path in the MB sync settings for the device, it will need to be a drive letter.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

ihavnoclue

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 50
I actually had a similar problem recently. I upgraded my phone to Nougat and for some reason now the name for the storage is "Shared Internal Storage" instead of just "Internal Storage". MusicBee kept complaining the path to Internal Storage didn't exist. I would change the path to Shared Internal Storage, but after saving that setting it would revert back and still now work.

What fixed it for me was going into MusicBee's settings and deleting all the known devices and setting up the sync again from scratch.

theG

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 77
^ For people having that problem, see my post in this thread for an easy fix that won't make you start from scratch.