Author Topic: Musicbee is randomly deleting files on me??? whats going on?  (Read 6332 times)

redwing

Hi guys, I'm also having this problem. It's happened at least twice that I know of, specifically when using the Album Tagger.

I don't have auto-organise enabled, or any setting like it. (I've been using Musicbee for years)

It happens either during or after tagging an album, around either the stage where it writes the metadata to the files, or after sending them to the library and they're being analysed (I'm not 100% sure, MusicBee just says 'X files removed" gradually in the status bar and they are removed.

It's just happened again tonight... and I lost about a dozen new albums a few weeks ago as well, and had to go chase up the receipts for the links to download them again.

For all I know I've lost more, I just happened to be looking for these albums and went and looked and they were either gone completely, or there were a couple of tracks left in each folder.

I was on an advance release build from the forums, but as of a few months ago I've gone back to the stable release build.

Any ideas how I can fix/prevent this? :(

Can you post a screenshot of your library settings in preferences? (upload it to an image hosting site like imgur.com and post the link)