Author Topic: cds showing just numbered tracks instead of titles, no names at all or art work.  (Read 2997 times)

seefids

Hi,
When I scanned drive for files, it found the cds I loaded, but shows only track # with no other information. Sure this is just a setting, but after several hours, still can't find solution. On previous systems, prewin10, had no problems, on scans it always found files and listed them with exact folders I had them in with titles and showed them perfectly. Not sure if this is a win10 issue or a setting in music bee. Also in past when installed music bee it made itself my default media player. It didn't do that this time, is there a setting for that as well?
Thank you in advance to anyone who may be able to help me sort this out, cause the default program that comes with win10 is awful.

seefids

Steven

• Administrator

seefids

not sure what you want me to send you, it found 1621 files, but lists them as track 1 - whatever with no artist name or title, just a #. I've had your program on my last 2 pcs with win7 and xp. It only did this once before but I was able to fix it with a setting somewhere, but it was years ago and I can't remember how to do it. Funny thing is last system I installed it and over 5k songs, most not on cds and it found them all and posted them exactly as they are show in windows explorer with all my folders and sub-folders perfectly, it was fantastic, but after a 1 1/2 years I had to get a new laptop and this time no such luck. I haven't loaded the non-cd music yet. I figure if it's not recognizing the titles and artists on the cds, it's most certainly not going to do so with the others.
Any help you can provide would be greatly appreciated. By the way, it's not separating tracks into folders or anything, so I have 30 or so of #1 tracks listed in the middle column straight down and so on to #2, etc...
I don't know if that helps or not. I'm on win10 now and not familiar with it and I'm wondering if it's a setting somewhere in there that's preventing it from being my default media and not letting it get the titles and artwork online if need be.

Thanks again for trying to answer my ?. I used to love winamp, but I do think this is a much better program all around and I'm sure one way or the other, we'll get this resolved.

seefids

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
How about a screenshot?  Show at least the whole main panel, and left sidebar wouldn't hurt either.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
not sure what you want me to send you
a link to a zip of one of the problem files ie. one of the files you say only shows the track #

musicbee4dwd

If you loaded CD Rom of music, then all you will ever get is a filename, since CD's are not tagged.

For instance, if you put a music CD into your CD ROM player, and open it with Music Bee, it will show:

Track01
Track02
track03

Unless NEW Musci CD's are tagged?

Anyway, unless you rip the CD and have the Ripping module also tag them when ripping, then that's what you'll see.

seefids

Have screen shot and a file to send, but can't figure out how to attach it to this reply. Do I send it email and if so to where?

Zipping file w/ winzip21 only reduces size by 1% so...

Thank all again for any help.

seefids

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You need to upload both to other services and link here.  imgur is good for screenshots, Dropbox or Google drive or such for the files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)