Author Topic: Unable to add opened/currently playing radio station to radio station list  (Read 3578 times)

renius28

This is may be a borderline "bug", but it is extremely frustrating. If I open a station link from the internet (from a playlist file), there is ZERO mechanism to add the currently playing URL to my radio station list.

- Cannot "send to" (can only send to music library)
- Cannot copy and paste URL from edit menu (greyed out)
- Cannot save it from the radio station tab

The only way is to open the m3u in notepad and copy the station URL from there and then manually add it.

Thanks!

phred

• Global Moderator
If I open a station link from the internet (from a playlist file), there is ZERO mechanism to add the currently playing URL to my radio station list.
I'm trying to understand exactly what you're doing...
- Does the above mean that you're opening a playlist that includes the station?
- And does it open in MB?
- Is the URL that opens a link to the -web- site for the station or to the -stream-?
- If the former, that's the problem. If the latter, can you copy the link and paste it into a 'new station'?

If I'm totally wrong on my assumptions, please list the steps you're taking to launch the station.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

renius28

Musicbee is playing a URL, opened as a .m3u file.

For example, this website directory of online stations: http://vtuner.com/setupapp/guide/asp/BrowseStations/startpage.asp

When you click a link, it downloads an m3u file. The m3u has a direct stream URL inside. The file plays in musicbee.
BUT
Once it's playing, there's no way to add it to your radiostations under the "Radio tab"
- No, you cannot copy or paste the URL link from music bee. The text is nonselectable.

Summary:
That's the basic problem. If you have a stream playing in musicbee, you cannot copy and paste the URL or add the stream to your radio list.

phred

• Global Moderator
Ok, I now understand the issue.

But there is a way to do what you want. Once you have the stream appearing in the playing tracks panel, right-click on the track and 'send to' clipboard. Then open the new station window and paste into the URL field. Tab to the next field and MB will populate what it can and you populate the rest. Save it and it should be in your station list.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki

renius28

Ok, I now understand the issue.

But there is a way to do what you want. Once you have the stream appearing in the playing tracks panel, right-click on the track and 'send to' clipboard. Then open the new station window and paste into the URL field. Tab to the next field and MB will populate what it can and you populate the rest. Save it and it should be in your station list.

I tried that as well. The "send to clipboard" copies the title of the currently playing radio stream, which is NOT the URL, it's usually the currently playing song title.

phred

• Global Moderator
I tried that as well. The "send to clipboard" copies the title of the currently playing radio stream, which is NOT the URL, it's usually the currently playing song title.
Sorry - my instructions weren't complete. Before you 'send to clipboard' you need to define exactly what it is you want to send. In your case, go to Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling > and set 'send to clipboard' to <URL>
Once that's done, follow my previous instructions.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki