Author Topic: HELP, metadata and tagging related.  (Read 2332 times)

andrew

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
So this has happened to me multiple times now and I'm stumped as to how to fix it.

I just got Jethro Tulls entire discography. (23 albums)  and loaded it into my musicbee database and the thing was a disgraceful mess. no artist/album/year sometimes even the track name was missing.   

so I deleted it from my database and went back into file explorer (where the discography is neatly ordered by album sub folders)  and manually entered all the missing tags myself and saved them to the original files then put it all back into musicbee.... where it showed up in its original shitfight form.

I went back to file explorer to confirm the tags were written and saved to the file correctly and they were.
I tried changing the filepath slightly in an attempt to trick music bee into thinking they were entirely different files to no avail.

how do I fix this?  why isn't music bee recognising the updated tags? and how is it remembering the messy old tags?


andrew

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
still soldering on with this issue but learned a few things off that thread, so thankyou  :)

psychoadept

  • Global Moderator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 10632
Well, as in that thread, it would be helpful to see what the tag inspector says for one of the problem files.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

  • Administrator
  • Hero Member
  • *****
  • Posts: 32916
if you removed the file from the music library, as opposed to permanently deleting the file, then its possible the file is still referenced in a playlist. If thats the case then the old file data will still be cached.
right click/ send to/ file rescan will updated the cached database values.
alternatively configure Preferences/ Library to rescan files are startup

andrew

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33

andrew

  • Jr. Member
  • **
  • Posts: 33
Well, as in that thread, it would be helpful to see what the tag inspector says for one of the problem files.

sorry, I did mean to mention that the tag inspector did represent the updated values, even if the database did not.

however it is resolved now, but thank you anyway.