Author Topic: Updating Last.fm Play Counts From MusicBee Library  (Read 6171 times)

defunker

I started using MusicBee and Last.fm about 6 months ago after finally getting out of the Apple game (I should have done this sooner...). I'm trying to figure out a way to keep play counts within MusicBee consistent with everything that I use (home comp, work comp, phones, etc.) which Last.fm typically does OK. Now my problem is I can't synchronize from Last.fm to my MusicBee library as it will reset the play counts that I've built up over the last 10 years to essentially nothing.

What are my options here? Is there any way to sync my MusicBee play counts back to Last.fm? From what I can find it looks like you could import play counts into Last.fm a couple years ago when you started a new account. As far as I can tell this feature seems to be removed.

Any help would be appreciated.

defunker

Since I posted the initial question I found Universal Scrobbler. This site allows you to scrobble manually in bulk from a CSV. My problem now is finding a way to export a CSV from my library based on the required format:  "{artist}", "{track}", "{album}", "{timestamp}", "{album artist}", "{duration}" multiplied by the play count of each track.

phred

• Global Moderator
Preferences > Tags (2) > tag handling > 'send to clipboard' tags > select the tags you need.

It's also quite possible that the Additional Tagging & Reporting Tools plugin can do this (and a lot of other nifty things.) It's probably the most downloaded plugin for MB.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

boroda

both options *not* multiplied by play counts, but i can support this somehow in the plugin if its really needed.

leifel

Since I posted the initial question I found Universal Scrobbler. This site allows you to scrobble manually in bulk from a CSV. My problem now is finding a way to export a CSV from my library based on the required format:  "{artist}", "{track}", "{album}", "{timestamp}", "{album artist}", "{duration}" multiplied by the play count of each track.

Exactly what I needed. The "universal scrobbler" worked like a charm. I was able to batch-update about 20000 MusicBee-scrobbles to LastFM in just a few minutes after my plugin-script had created the correct CSV-file with the play count list of which to update.

BlueVelvet

I just created a last.fm account and wanted to transfer musicbee playcounts and all info to last.fm but i am unable to do so due to the 20 scrobble limit on universalscrobbler. Any help please? How to i transfer data of more that 10000 scrobbles in musicbee to last.fm?

dennis800121

Hi!

My computer died and i was forced to reinstall MB.
When i use the"Sync playcount" from Last.fm i dont get everything.
I Found a page to export my last.fm page to CVS. How do i import this to MB?
Can someone please guide me through this?

Thank you!

dennis800121

Thank you for your quick reply!
I did see this tip.
However i don't understand how to import my CVS to MB through that forum post. My CVS stores all my +60 000 tracks i have been listening to the last 10 years. Every play are sorted by timestamp.
My question is how i can take every play and add it to Play Count.

boroda

there is no track identification in 'copy tag' command, so the number of selected tracks in mb and order of them must be the same as in cvs file. not very convenient, but maybe you'll succeed to somehow sort tracks in mb by time stamp (or resort cvs file by some unique tag/tag combination in exel).