Author Topic: Unable to save the library database  (Read 6703 times)

hiccup

I have this happening occasionally too.
Portable MB 3.1 and the library file on a non-system drive.
W10 with no other AV software than Windows's own defender.
Sometimes it occurs, sometimes it doesn't.
I have no clue or directed suspicions what the reason could be that MB doesn't write the mbl file after creating and scanning the new library.

Code
16-4-2017 13:34:38 - 10.0.14393.0 - 3.1.6312.35591 - System.IO.FileNotFoundException: The system cannot find the file specified. [E:\MusicBee\Library\Paradiso\MusicBeeLibrary.mbl]
   at #=qAx5efQtMvSUoNvwpUXk06g==.#=qHwuY0p56AxZDZ1veVzt0qw==.#=qUa3LSz7_Ca_y9IhW_fSBNA==.#=qQ0ESLtlOAllCWDSLJ4ozF_jV7zzBH_jFsEiMPDWevsQ=(#=qcf6XNC0aOtXyJnQrDIVs9g== #=qrZNlyoMmRQBm1q50OUomfQ==, FileMode #=qTxxdNRYLtEwNLQA19RN7cg==, FileAccess #=q5S8Dcod987bqU67Am57etw==, FileShare #=q7mhLOYHM9R5NeTb2sGhWcQ==, Int32 #=qEA5uu2hGtMVcv4uYg$SEag==, Boolean #=qaflYQx6S95gvLd$CfHNOvQ==)
   at #=qKP67Ez6UI6fDJDb8IJJEoFh3lOBtyFxErhGoaM632xk=.#=qvOpJx1S9zgsYc5I8z7qn2pohyIYNMg2rQbT5VY14pSA=(#=qcf6XNC0aOtXyJnQrDIVs9g== #=qlR9iQXj29EDN2u10GRRJKg==, FileMode #=qfLiwED7hU4$bahPjpcFQCg==, FileAccess #=qOCJ8IFmVpNInkhod_3iR3A==, Int32 #=qJOIBBTPFLtQ1NX7zUjrIZg==)
   at #=qNCuO9rzXAuEKWjmDfHrDJPDu9yXOUemiCrkhW2OjO8c=.#=qSlFO_k_I0257DI1HEGcbW9C2$P_K_kxURgZmiCMc_fI=.#=q9DdsCbTIZkTG3sjX8y$O$w==()
   at #=qNCuO9rzXAuEKWjmDfHrDJPDu9yXOUemiCrkhW2OjO8c=.#=qSlFO_k_I0257DI1HEGcbW9C2$P_K_kxURgZmiCMc_fI=.#=qUhyXilHzHHiyGmM3Nb7C6A==()
   at MusicBee.Media.Library.#=q3LmijRcJ2VJ8zZyDUmN45A==()
   at MusicBee.MusicBeeApplication.#=qyf1QBx5pHWLuEPccxWYVEA==.#=qF$aSdRYOYFtVN1sjtF4SnQ==(CloseReason #=qqAjn5SF3CAIJddCOB0RXug==)

Steven

• Administrator
That error is quite different from the OP. I can easily make a change that will fix this issue but having said that, I am not sure how that is happening as it really shouldnt be the case that the library database is not there at that point unless something else has moved it.

When that happens, the next time MB starts, does it recover the backup file? (a message would be displayed on startup)
Also has it only started happening in the last week?
Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 01:40:22 PM by Steven

hiccup

The similarity in what the OP experienced is that I also got the pop-up "Unable to save the library database: access to the path is denied".
I wish I could deduct what actions or sequences seem to trigger it at times, and not at other times, but I am not able to.

Perhaps is it so that by default MB first (tries to) write some temp file on the system drive under 'user' or 'appdata', even though this is a portable install on another drive, and moving that file(s) to the correct drive location at closing MusicBee is part of the issue?
Just doing some uneducated guessing here.

Steven

• Administrator
you might have missed my edit:
Also has it only started happening in the last week?

in your case it would be happening after MB has already auto-saved the database eg. edit some tags and wait a couple of minutes and MB will save the database. If you keep editing tags, the save will be delayed.
To trigger the error, after the database has been saved from the first edits, MusicBeeLibrary.mbl probably wont exist any more and any subsequent tag edits and then exit MB should trigger the error
Last Edit: April 16, 2017, 01:53:51 PM by Steven

hiccup

This has happened to me on occasion for at least a year now. I never raised it since I suspected I should do some more investigating on it my own behalf first.
It could be my own setup, since it isn't something complained about very often.
It happened again recently, and doing a forum search on it I thought to piggy-bag this thread.

When this is happening, and I keep an eye on the contents of the newly created library folder, there is no occurrence of the new mbl file appearing in that folder at all.
It only contains:

MusicBeeLibrarySettings.ini
NowPlaying.mbp
MusicBeeLibrarySettings.bak

Should the mbl file be created shortly after scanning is completed, or only at closing MB?

alensastud

I have found a fix for a problem I have that is similar to this.

I moved the folders thats giving me permission problems out of the windows directory and moved it to a separate hard drive. I then gave that file full permissions. It still gave me an error at this point and what finally fixed it was unhiding the folder.

Hope this helps.