Author Topic: How do I display lyrics?  (Read 44296 times)

fetito666

How do I display lyrics? I see that there are several plugins, but some are outdated.

Which plugin do I need to display lyrics inside of MusicBee?

Thank you!

phred

• Global Moderator
I'm not entirely clear on what you're asking. Are you trying to find out how to -display- lyrics or how to -obtain- lyrics?

To display, you need to open the panel configuration window (little 'box' icon next to the search box) and drag the lyrics element to any section that shows a red bar.

To obtain lyrics from outside sources, MB has a built-in feature which can be configured in Preferences > Tags (2) > auto-tagging > lyrics.
In addition, there is a plugin called 'Lyrics Reloaded' which can be installed and then configured in the same area. This plugin is basically unsupported at this point but if you work your way through the thread you'll find some additions/fixes to the provider list.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

fetito666

I'm not entirely clear on what you're asking. Are you trying to find out how to -display- lyrics or how to -obtain- lyrics?

To display, you need to open the panel configuration window (little 'box' icon next to the search box) and drag the lyrics element to any section that shows a red bar.

To obtain lyrics from outside sources, MB has a built-in feature which can be configured in Preferences > Tags (2) > auto-tagging > lyrics.
In addition, there is a plugin called 'Lyrics Reloaded' which can be installed and then configured in the same area. This plugin is basically unsupported at this point but if you work your way through the thread you'll find some additions/fixes to the provider list.
`
Thank you! Is there a way to make the client download automatically floating lyrics, or lyrics that highlight the parts of the lyrics that are sung at the moment?

phred

• Global Moderator
Thank you! Is there a way to make the client download automatically floating lyrics, or lyrics that highlight the parts of the lyrics that are sung at the moment?
You're welcome.

You're looking for synchronized lyrics. Once you have them you can set up the lyrics panel to show a custom color for the lyrics that are being sung.

MiniLyrics (google it) is the only provider that I know of that has synchronized lyrics (the lyrics file ends with .lrc). If you want the lyrics to appear within MB's lyrics panel automatically, then you'd have to have MiniLyrics get them for you. Their plugin will find, download, and display them for each track. I used the plugin quite some time ago, so I don't remember the process, but it certainly worked.
Check out this thread: https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=18317.msg110431#msg110431
And the plugin: http://www.crintsoft.com/
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here