Author Topic: How to handle genres in left panel  (Read 1976 times)

Sani

Hi guys,

How do you handle you genres in the left panel? I recently tagged all my music using Musicbrainz Picard and bring them in MusicBee library and use auto-organize to put all the music in their respective folders. It works awesome but i am little confused about the genres.

For example; If an album have multiple genres, i put them manually in Musicbrainz Picard and it put them separately using "/". Now the problem is that the genres are displayed quite badly in MB's left panel (see the screenshot).

Is there any way that MB shows only primary genre of that album or the genre i put first in the Musicbrainz Picard. It will help to stay organized

OR

Please share what you guys are doing with your genres in left panel. Thank you.

Sani

separate genres using ";"

Yes, but that's in the MusicBee i guess. I use Musicbrainz Picard directly for tagging.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You can change the separator Picard uses in the options.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Sani

You can change the separator Picard uses in the options.

Yes, this helped. Now it's showing the album in their all genres. Like if an album has Alternative Rock and Pop-Rock as their genres. It shows album separately in both genres.

But i have tagged all the previous albums with "/" as a separator so i have to changed their separators. Is there any automated way to do it?

boroda

Sani

menu> tools> tagging tools> search & replace

Oh I didn't know that. Thanks a lot man, it worked like a charm.