Author Topic: Right panel layout question  (Read 3622 times)

alistair®

Hi all

Musicbee is a great piece of software, so I made sure I donated!

Quick question I have on layout. Is it possible to edit the display of the floating right-hand panel? I want track names to display in full, on 2 lines if necessary, rather than truncated on a single line. It looks like being able to remove the artist name from here would help, but I can't find any way of doing that.

Thanks in advance :-)

lostinsound

Is this the Playing Tracks panel? You should be able to right-click on the column headers and see a menu, and if you select "Set Displayed Fields" you can choose which columns to include. From what I can tell it's not possible to make a row display on two lines though.

alistair®

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Yes it's that panel but I can't seem to find ""Set Displayed Fields"

Regards

lostinsound

Are there column headings at the top of the window that show what each column is? (i.e #, Title, and Artist in your case) If you right-click anywhere on the headings a menu should appear that has "Set Displayed Fields".

alistair®

No column titles at all, just "Playing tracks" at the top. I have the panel set to overlay on the background image, is this something to do with it?

Steven

• Administrator
are you are refering to the playing tracks in sidebar in the "Now Playing" panel? your screenshot is not clear on that
that is currently not configurable for the fields displayed and takes the fields from the playing tracks panel that is displayed in other tabs

alistair®

I am indeed.

OK – thanks for the info.

Regards

lostinsound

I am indeed.

OK – thanks for the info.

Regards
To be clear, you can make the change you were requesting. If you just go the the Playing Tracks panel in the Library (not in Now Playing), you can make the changes there as I described above, and those changes will show up when you go back to the Now Playing view.