Author Topic: Filename Char Mapping "." without effecting file extension?  (Read 1236 times)

edcase

Hi, I'm curious if it's possible with the library organisation settings to have "."'s be swapped out to something else in the file explorer without effecting the file extension.

For example "mr. writer.mp3" > "mr_ writer.mp3".

Currently using the "Filename Char Mapping" swapping the "." for an "_" results in "mr_ writer_mp3". Which is clearly disastrous ^^

I'm not a fan of "." being used in filenames unless it's an filename extension, it's a minor nitpick but one I will manually change a song's title for. I was pleased to see the option of Char Mapping but disappointed when it affected the extension. Is their anyway to only effect the title of the song [in explorer]?

Thanks for your time.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This seems like it should be corrected, but in the meantime you could work around it with a virtual tag.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator

edcase

Fantastic, thanks for the swift reply.

I won't make a virtual tag atm as my library is already adjusted for "."'s, but will eagerly await the day I can stop worrying about my minor "." issues [and sift through the many manual changes I've made over the years haha]. Keep up the good work.