Author Topic: Solution to MB applying iTunes "Auto Album Rating" to Unrated Tracks  (Read 3403 times)

edcase

So I imported my iTunes music library to MusicBee. I have many albums which I've not finished applying track ratings for and I noticed in MusicBee all the unrated songs had also been given a star rating if any track on the album had any star value. This was based on the auto album star rating that iTunes makes, even if not applied.

It is an inconvenience but sounds like an issue with iTunes applying a hidden rating.

For others migrating and having this problem you can:

1- Create a "new smart playlist" on iTunes with the settings below.
"[X] Match |Music|" > "|Rating|is|0/5 stars" > "[ ] limit to"

2- Name & select this playlist before exporting.
"File > Library > Export Playlist..." save dialogue, just change format to .m3u [eg: D:\Music\fix.m3u]

3- Open MB then go to menu "MusicBee > File > Playlists > Import Playlists" open [eg: D:\Music\fix.m3u]
Now go to PLAYLISTS tab [if already open alternate between tabs to refresh] and select your imported playlist [eg: fix]

4- Lclick on any single song in the correct playlist > "ctrl + a" to select all songs > Rclick > Rating > 0 - Not Rated.
Now patience if you have a large amount of songs to "correct", this will also be affecting songs with no rating.

After issuing the command to unrank all songs in the playlist my MusicBee froze for a few minutes before reacting like normal, where it gained a progress bar [in win 10] and showed it's progression in the bottom status bar. This was with over 7.5k songs being adjusted and took about 15 mins to finish. Your results may vary, but this is probably the most automated a solution available.

Hope this helps others running into this problem, cheers.

KrustyKong

im on itunes 12.6.2.20 and musicbee 3.0.6335. when importing the msu, it just creates an album with all the file names but no actual files. they all read 0:00 for the time