Author Topic: Thumbnail for Various Artists  (Read 3528 times)

Sani

Hey guys,

Is there any way we can have a thumbnail for Various Artists? See it doesn't show any thumbnail for Various Artists in left panel:

Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 08:27:35 PM by Sani

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I split the post because the people who can answer this question wouldn't necessarily see it on the other thread.

I'm pretty sure there's a way, but my memory is failing and I can't check at the moment.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

theG

I'd like to know too.
I've always had my own "Various Artists.png" in \AppData\InternalCache\ArtistThumbs and MusicBee never picked it up.

Sani

I just tried placing an image file at C:\Users\username\Music\MusicBee\Artist Pictures\Thumb i downloaded and reamed the filename with Various Artists. But instead of showing that image in panel, it showed the below attached thumbnail. Weird.

I am waiting anxiously if someone knows the correct method.  :-\

theG

I've had "Various Artists.jpg" in the \Artist Pictures\Thumb folder since day one and it never showed.

EDIT:
Did some testing and it's showing now. Added VA.jpg to the \Thumb folder. Also, there's another \Thumb folder inside my \Thumb folder and placed Various Artists.jpg in it.

I don't know why there's another Thumb folder in my Thumb folder but it looks like MusicBee stores the missing artist pictures in that folder instead of the \Thumb one where I store all the other ones that I've manually added. Thousands of them.
Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 05:30:09 PM by theG

Sani

I've had "Various Artists.jpg" in the \Artist Pictures\Thumb folder since day one and it never showed.

EDIT:
Did some testing and it's showing now. Added VA.jpg to the \Thumb folder. Also, there's another \Thumb folder inside my \Thumb folder and placed Various Artists.jpg in it.

I don't know why there's another Thumb folder in my Thumb folder but it looks like MusicBee stores the missing artist pictures in that folder instead of the \Thumb one where I store all the other ones that I've manually added. Thousands of them.

Well unfortunately it didn't work. Instead when i renamed it to VA.jpg, the thumbnail disappeared completely.

It's working when i keep it like Various Artists.jpg but i don't understand that why it's displaying a generic thumbnails instead of showing my own JPEG image. There must be some option which needs to be overridden.

Steven

• Administrator
MB uses the text from the Preferences/ Grouping/ compilations - usually "Various Artists"
just place a .jpg file in the Thumb sub-folder of where you have configured the artist pictures to save as set in Tags(1) preferences

Sani

MB uses the text from the Preferences/ Grouping/ compilations - usually "Various Artists"
just place a .jpg file in the Thumb sub-folder of where you have configured the artist pictures to save as set in Tags(1) preferences

Yes, we already that but it's working at least at my end. I cannot figure why. It's working in a way but it's not showing that image which i placed in the folder, instead it just shows the default thumbnail which i posted earlier.

Steven

• Administrator
Also, there's another \Thumb folder inside my \Thumb folder and placed Various Artists.jpg in it.

I have no idea how you came to have a Thumb\Thumb folder but you should be able to delete it (or at least rename it to make sure everything is still ok before deleting it)

Sani

It wasn't working by just pasting the JPEG file into Thumbs folder so i did this:

1)Select an album artist in the panel for which you want to get custom thumbnail.

2) Go to "Tools" then "Download Artwork," click the checkbox next to the artist you want to put custom artwork for, click "preview," right-click the picture labeled "current picture," and then click choose picture.

Note: You need to paste JPEG in Thumbs folder in this case too but if for some reason it's not working then you can force it by this method.