Author Topic: Sync support for portable players with multiple SD card slots.  (Read 5034 times)

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
There are a number of mid and high-end portable music players on the market that have more than one microSD or even full SD card slots. In addition, some have internal storage that can be synced to as well. I don't know how many MB users have them, but if there are any that would like to have their library span multiple cards please +1 this.

I have two portable players that support two 256GB microSD cards, the Fiio X5 gen 2 and the gen 3. Currently, MB can only sync to one card or the other, but what if it could sync to both simultaneously? That would allow the music files to sync some of the files to one card, and the rest of the files to the other. Also, playlists can draw from both cards. On these two Fiio models, the path prefix for tracks would be:

X5 gen 2:
A: or TF1: 
B:  or  TF2:

X5 gen 3:
/mnt/internal_sd
/mnt/external_sd1 
/mnt/external_sd2

Just in the Fiio line alone, a total of six models can reference tracks on multiple drives in the same playlist. It would be awesome if MB could sync a library between multiple cards and create playlists that can include tracks from all of them automatically.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6

theG

+1

I'm really close to have my microSD card full and will have to expand on my phone's internal storage.

Steven

• Administrator
This has come up several times so i will look into it.
The first thing i will need to do though is give you a debug version to see if MB is able to detect the sd cards and how they look, so let me know you are happy to run a debug version for that

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
My home install is portable, so I can run any version you like. I'm on Win7 x64.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)

Steven

• Administrator
could you run this version - it will add entries to the end of the error log (help/ support/ view error log). Its just basic info on the attached devices and storage.
http://www.mediafire.com/file/jt5uljsb442le4j/MusicBeeDebugStorage.zip

i might need to do this again

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
PM sent.

spwood

Has there been any progress towards syncing for devices with multiple SD cards?  I, too, have a Fiio (X5 III) and there doesn't appear to be a Windows program that will sync the PC's music library onto a device running two SD cards simulataneously.  More and more portable players are using this configuration, so there is a current need that will only increase!  Thanks.

JohnnyPhantom

Hate to resurrect this old topic, but I would LOVE to see this happen. I have a Fiio X5ii with 2 MicroSD 256GB cards and would love it to sync to both of them.