Author Topic: Musicbee randomly removes music from my library  (Read 1958 times)

Benb320

I wanted to listen to crackling Rosie by Neil diamond today, but when I searched for it there were no results.

So I first looked under "N" in the library to verify that it wasn't there (it wasn't) then I used "locate in windows explorer" on Solitary man, and sure enough crackling Rosie and Cherry Cherry (which I hadn't noticed but was also removed) were the folder, but not in the library.

Very strangely scanning my library folders for music did not find these tracks, I am unsure of why. I did verify that the folder with the missing music is being scanned.

I didn't remove these files from my library, and I am the only user of this computer. Is there some way to stop this from happening?

After starting to write this post I noticed another missing song, it's hard to say how many songs are missing, as missing music doesn't stand out unless I'm actively searching for it.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

Have you checked for the missing tracks in your inbox?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
One thing you can be sure of is musicbee is not randomly removing files from your library. There are a number of possible reasons
eg.
- you or applications you use such as iTunes are moving files outside of musicbee
- they are in the inbox which you have ruled out
- you have configured musicbee to hide duplicates - check using the duplicates manager (I suspect thats probably the case based on what
you have said)

Benb320

I have no duplicates that are marked as hidden.

However I am using the 'ipod & iphone driver' to sync music to itunes, could that be causing it? <- I feel like this is the answer.

Also itunes is not allowed to manage my music folders. And the missing tracks (what I have seen so far) are located in their original musicbee created folder.

Benb320

Bumping this topic as this is still an issue for me. I searched for a song in musicbee, couldn't find it. redid search in windows explorer and the song is within the folder musicbee created, but delinked from my library for reasons that are not clear to me.

Notes:
-This is not a duplicate song.
-I did not move or modify the folder / file outside of musicbee in any way.
-Additionally checking within the windows file properties I see the file was last modified on January 19th, 2018 which is when I transferred my music collection to my new computer.
-This song is not in my inbox
-I am using the ipod driver and hence itunes, however itunes is not allowed to manage my music.
-Scanning for new files within the musicbee directory doesn't find the song.
-Additionally since I previously posted this topic, I have switched to a new computer. So this behavior has persisted across 2 computers.
Last Edit: February 18, 2018, 07:42:41 PM by Benb320

sveakul

Try this:

1.  Be sure you are running the latest 3.2 patch version of MusicBee

2.  Instead of "File/Scan Folders for New Files", use "Tools/Advanced/Rescan All Files" (may take a while)

Do the files show up then?

Benb320

Try this:

1.  Be sure you are running the latest 3.2 patch version of MusicBee

2.  Instead of "File/Scan Folders for New Files", use "Tools/Advanced/Rescan All Files" (may take a while)

Do the files show up then?

I will have to try this next time I encounter the issue, as I manually re-added the file already (used "File/add files to library"). Thanks for the tip however.