Author Topic: Multiple entries in "Remixer" Tag TPE4 not handled correctly  (Read 2905 times)

vzell

As you can see in the following screenshot

Multiple entries in the "Remixer" Tag TPE4 are NOT handled correctly.
This file has been tagged with Picard.
The two artists with the "Remixer" role have been parsed correctly by MusicBee but the entries should show up as separate entries in the Artist Splitter and "Artist"-View in the Library Browser.

By the way, why is the name of this field called "MIX ARTIST" instead of "REMIXER"  according to the spec http://id3.org/id3v2.4.0-frames

TPE4
   The 'Interpreted, remixed, or otherwise modified by' frame contains
   more information about the people behind a remix and similar
   interpretations of another existing piece.

Picard at least tags the mixer roles as "Artist:mix" as part of IPLS (ID3v2.3) and remixer go to TPE4, as you can see in the screenshot.

There is another oddity here as you can see in the next screenshot:

When I make a dummy change in this example, and update and save the tag information via the "Multiple Artist Splitter"
MusicBee writes the artists flagged as "Remixer" as an additional tag "TXXX/REMIXER" explicitely called "REMIXER" in the Tag Inspector.

I'm also missing the entry of "Artists:Remixer" in "Choose Categories..." in the Library Explorer. It's there in the "Set Displayed Fields..." Menu in the "Album and Tracks"-View

vzell

By the way I made a quick test and added TWO artists flagged as "Remixer" via the "Multiple Artist Splitter" as separete entries as you can see in the following screenshot

I this case MusicBee stores the entries as separate TPE4 tags AND again as additional two separete "TXX/REMIXER" tags, but at least they show up fine now in the "Artists"-View in the Library Explorer.

What's the purpose of "TXX/REMIXER" ?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
TXXX/Remixer was used in MusicBee before TPE4 was added.  I guess it's still there for backwards compatibility?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Steven

• Administrator
TXXX/Remixer was used in MusicBee before TPE4 was added.  I guess it's still there for backwards compatibility?
yes i thinks thats the case

Steven

• Administrator

Steven

• Administrator
for the next v3.1 update i have enhanced the reading of the TPE4 tag to split multiple artists.
I dont want to change writting to TXXX/REMIXER as its been that way since the start

http://musicbee.niblseed.com/V3_1/MusicBee31_Patched.zip
Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 12:00:28 PM by Steven

vzell

Thanks, it works.

Please also support "Lyricist" TEXT and "Original Artist" TOPE to split multiple artists.