Author Topic: Visualisers extremely slow MB hardly responds Windows 7  (Read 966 times)

tommik

I run MB on an ASUS motherboard with Intel G41 chipset and Core 2 Duo E7500 with 4 GB RAM. Compared to my Windows 10 laptop which has super fast visualisers performance the G41 setup is extremely slow. In fact the visualisers are no use since the MB tends not to respond and it is a question of seconds just to close the visualiser tab. Hardly any animation, just freeze but music plays fine. Seems like a graphics driver issue?

Is there anything worth trying to get visualisers run as smooth as on my Windows 10 laptop (which is btw weaker with just Celeron n2830 chipset)?

specs:

Intel Core 2 Duo E7500
Intel G41 GMA 4500
Asus P5G41T-M LX
4 GB RAM
DirectX 11
Windows 7 32 bit

Should I try some other version of Direct X or Intel drivers or any other enhancements?

Bee-liever

• MB Version: 3.6.8849 P
2 things I would do if it was my desktop:
1.  replace the on-board GMA X4500 graphics with a PCI graphics card
2.  run the DirectX 9 stand-alone installer from Windows. DirectX 11 is not fully backwards-compatible with older graphics chipsets
MusicBee and my library - Making bee-utiful music together

tommik

Right. Luckily, I went to the Intel website and downloaded the latest drivers for G41 from October 2012.

IT WORKS!

Now it is super smooth. I bought the motherboard in late 2011 and apparently the CD came with very old drivers - Windows reported 2009. I was also thinking about installing my PCIE low cost Nvidia but since the PC is just for music I am glad I don't have to increase its weight this way.

cheers