Author Topic: Sorting titles alphabetically in the main window  (Read 3310 times)

CopaJohn

Hello -

I'm a new user.  Have put my collection into the database but there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason to the way the albums have been associated with the artist.  What I would like to do is when I select an artist, it will show the album covers (it does this already) but have it sort the titles for that artist alphabetically.  Is there a way to do this?

Thanks.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Hi, welcome to the forum!

The Sort By options are in the menu at the top left of the main panel.  What happens if you try sorting by "Album"?
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

CopaJohn

Thanks for your reply.

I tried that; it doesn't seem to make any difference.  I must be doing something wrong... just need to be pointed in the right direction.  Any other ideas?

Thanks!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
A screenshot of what you're seeing would be very helpful here.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Posting_Screenshots
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

CopaJohn

Hello -

I did locate the sort (rt mouse click) and that mostly sorted the titles within the center window.  Not totally sure why it doesn't sort them all correctly though.  It is better so that was a help.  Before someone says the tags are not correct, I've been using Tag & Rename for well over 10 years.  I love the program and would recommend it for anyone needing to sort a collection.  (Disclaimer:  I haven't used the one in MusicBee.  It could be better but I'm old and set in my ways.) 

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If things are still not sorting the way you want, check that there aren't values in the sort tag of the tag editor that could be interfering.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)