Author Topic: Single/Double click actions for arts in the main panel  (Read 1651 times)

kamizon

Hi guys

I've noticed that if you single click album cover in the main panel, it shows expanded panel, that's alright. When you double click the album cover it plays the album but also shows the expanded panel which is weird because if user wants to play an album with the double click, there's no point in showing the expanded panel, which in turn requires one more click to disappear.

Wouldn't it be better if single click shows the expanded panel and double click plays the album without showing the expanded panel ?

Thoughts ?

meztup

+1

Although this would require a delay after the single click in order to determine if the user is going to click again. This would delay the expanded panel, which could possibly maybe cause the interface to appear sluggish.

Regardless of how it is implemented, it would be nice to have the ability to hide (or not show) the expanded panel once its obvious that the user is only interested in playing the entire album.

hiccup

+1 for having some option to be able to select, or play an album without opening the expanded panel.

part of what I wished for here too:
https://getmusicbee.com/forum/index.php?topic=21653.msg127036#msg127036

I was thinking about some additional 'hover-over' control icon(s) for that, but I can imagine some might consider that a bit 'busy'.
Yet I would like that as a solution.

Steven

• Administrator
Although this would require a delay after the single click in order to determine if the user is going to click again. This would delay the expanded panel, which could possibly maybe cause the interface to appear sluggish.
thats the main reason why its implemented how it is