Author Topic: Navigator pinning pin - why not make it sticky & add the 'hide' setting too ?  (Read 2302 times)

alec.tron

Heya,
with the main Navigator being set to 'auto hide' - there's now a 'pin' in the top right corner in the Navigator panel. Which is awesome!
Unfortunately, once pinned (= changed from auto-hide to show in pref ?), the 'pin' icon disappears....

I would love for that pin to be there constantly, and have a pinned/unpinned icon-state.
To go full circle (imo obviously only...), the 3 Navigator panel behaviour settings should be available on the Navigator panel, i.e.:
- pinned (= show)
- unpinned (= auto hide)
- hide (= hide , which is then only reversible by going into the Configure Layout panel - as it is right now when I 'pin' the panel, i.e. switch from auto-hide to show via the pin icon...).

Churs.
c.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

kamizon

Heya,
with the main Navigator being set to 'auto hide' - there's now a 'pin' in the top right corner in the Navigator panel. Which is awesome!

I'm having hard time understanding this, could you please do a screenshot ?

Thanks.

alec.tron

I could do this when I'm back home only...

First - get the latest MB version & patch (look for Steven's last posts on here... in one of them will be a link to the latest patch which you would need to apply to the latest MB version - I have never noticed the 'pin' until I updated to the latest version, so I assume it came with one of the last patches...).
Then - go to Panel Layout editor (or somesuch... I don't have MusicBee here atm...), for the left pane window, there's a 'Navigator' setting with 3 settings/tick-boxes:
[ ] hide [ ] show [ ] auto-hide

To see the pin, you would need the auto-hide setting.
Then move mouse to left for Navigator to come out of hiding.
In the Navigator panels very top-right corner should be a tiny pin icon now, which changes the state (= preference setting) from  auto-hide  to show.

Hope this helps.
c.