Author Topic: Status bar as an actual configurable panel // Sync&Scan progress panel  (Read 2234 times)

theG

The status bar, as it is called, is a UI element that is not really necessary with MusicBee and could really just be a panel of its own.
So I suggest we get rid of the status bar and make it a more configurable panel of its own. One that can be placed anywhere, not only at the bottom.
It's mostly empty space with very little information that takes little space on the Y axis, but still requires 100% on the X axis.

In my case, the only element I need from the status bar is the progress information on the left when I sync with a device or rescan my library.

The few elements we have in the status bar right now could actually have their own variables. Playlist duration, queue time, etc, are hardcoded but could be variables. That way, we could use them in other panels, or custom tags.

As for the sync/scan progress element, it'd be nice to have a live progression of what it's doing, in %, or the working directory+file.

phred

• Global Moderator
I like the Status Bar where it is and would not want to give up additional screen space for that info to appear in a separate panel which, IMO, would be a waste of space. As it appears now, it takes up one line which is just perfect.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

theG

I like the Status Bar where it is and would not want to give up additional screen space for that info to appear in a separate panel which, IMO, would be a waste of space. As it appears now, it takes up one line which is just perfect.

You would still able to have it exactly the way it is now. With more options and the ability to move it around.

phred

• Global Moderator
the ability to move it around.
I don't want to move it around because that would mean giving up screen real estate. I'm not arguing your point about having the status bar display more info (although I don't need more than what is provided currently.) I'm against having it as a panel.
Download the latest MusicBee v3.5 or 3.6 patch from here.
Unzip into your MusicBee directory and overwrite existing files.

----------
The FAQ
The Wiki
Posting screenshots is here
Searching the forum with Google is  here

Sofocl

The status bar, as it is called, is a UI element that is not really necessary with MusicBee and could really just be a panel of its own.
So I suggest we get rid of the status bar and make it a more configurable panel of its own. One that can be placed anywhere, not only at the bottom.
It's mostly empty space with very little information that takes little space on the Y axis, but still requires 100% on the X axis.
+1

I would like to completely unsubscribe from the "Status bar" at the bottom.
Here is the query which I once did:

And for other information which appears in the "Status bar" may be a pop-up window(?).
Sorry for my bad English.