Author Topic: Sorting Folders by Release Type  (Read 16511 times)

Sani

Yes, I could make the album value to be "Single" but that way it will be create another folder for Singles in the folder structure like this: Year - Singles which i don't want obviously.
Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 02:39:20 PM by psychoadept

theta_wave

But I'm having a little problem inside the MusicBee and i am sure there is also a fix for this. See if it's a Non Album track then i will get tagged by Single in Picard but the Album tag in the empty but this way i get Unknown Album written in the place of Album in Album and Tracks inside Music tab. Is there any way i can disappear or even better get Single written in there?
It looks like you can simply create another virtualtag for your current view:
Code
$isnull(<album>,<title>,<album>)

Sani

But I'm having a little problem inside the MusicBee and i am sure there is also a fix for this. See if it's a Non Album track then i will get tagged by Single in Picard but the Album tag in the empty but this way i get Unknown Album written in the place of Album in Album and Tracks inside Music tab. Is there any way i can disappear or even better get Single written in there?
Code

Well, it didn't solve the problem and Unknown Album is still display after creating and applying the virtual tag in naming template exception.

Instead it duplicated the titles of the songs like this:

2016 - No More Interviews No More Interviews

theta_wave

Code

Well, it didn't solve the problem and Unknown Album is still display after creating and applying the virtual tag in naming template exception.

Huh? My formula was for your album art + details view, not for file organization.  I replied directly to the screenshot of your playlist where you disliked how tracks lacking any <album> data returned "unknown album" in your playlist view.

http://i67.tinypic.com/292pjk4.png

Sani

Code

Huh? My formula was for your album art + details view, not for file organization.  I replied directly to the screenshot of your playlist where you disliked how tracks lacking any <album> data returned "unknown album" in your playlist view.

Oh my bad. But where do i put this virtual tag?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
If that doesn't work for you, the panel configuration settings are in the menu at the top left of the main panel.
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Yes, I could make the album value to be "Single" but that way it will be create another folder for Singles in the folder structure like this: Year - Singles which i don't want obviously.

I'm not even sure how I did it, but I seem to have accidentally modified this post instead of replying to it.  Sorry about that!

I was just saying that all you have to do is change your template exception for singles, if you went that route.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

theta_wave

Code

Huh? My formula was for your album art + details view, not for file organization.  I replied directly to the screenshot of your playlist where you disliked how tracks lacking any <album> data returned "unknown album" in your playlist view.

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Panel_Views#Customize_Panel that can accessed by here:

Last Edit: March 24, 2017, 07:08:32 PM by theta_wave

Sani

Code

http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Main_Panel_Views#Customize_Panel that can accessed by here:

Yeah man but how do i do it there? There is no option i see related to my problem.  :-[

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Have you opened the customize panel window and tried making changes?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Sani

Have you opened the customize panel window and tried making changes?

Well, i opened it few times but have no clue what to change there. That's why i have been asking again and again.  :-X

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Find "Album" and replace it with your virtual tag?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

theta_wave

Yeah man but how do i do it there? There is no option i see related to my problem.  :-[

Here's the photo from the wiki annotated:

Sani

Yeah man but how do i do it there? There is no option i see related to my problem.  :-[

Here's the photo from the wiki annotated:

Thanks for the screenshot man! I got it and it helped me but using $isnull(<album>,<title>,<album>) made title of song it's album name so i modified it like to $isnull(<album>,"Single",<album>) and now it's displaying Single whenever album is unknown.