Author Topic: Sorting Folders by Release Type  (Read 16758 times)

theta_wave

Also, I'm confused with the value of "Single; Singles" from <Release Type>.  Is that what Picard actually puts in the RELEASETYPE tag (tag mappings and releasetype)?  Looking at Musicbrainz' websource xml output, here's the following data for The Cure's "High" single:

Code
<release-group id="59365483-e2e1-3956-8547-78c3670265b3" type="Single" type-id="d6038452-8ee0-3f68-affc-2de9a1ede0b9">
<primary-type id="d6038452-8ee0-3f68-affc-2de9a1ede0b9">Single</primary-type>
Picard might be joining the release-group and primary-type (the actual release) "type="'s together, which is likely a bug.  Then again, I don't know if Picard is actually parsing the xml output from Musicbrainz' websource page.

Anyways, if you want "Single; Singles" or those with track counts=1 be called "Singles", you can use the code snippet from below using the $if$or function (http://musicbee.wikia.com/wiki/Functions#Or):

Code
$if($or(<TrackCount>=1,$contains(<release type>,Single)),Singles,<release type>)

EDIT: Added Musicbrainz Picard discussion
Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 06:37:07 PM by theta_wave

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
You'll have to give a screenshot of your virtual tag settings for me to help with that
MusicBee Wiki
Use & improve MusicBee's documentation!

Latest beta patch (3.5)
(Unzip and overwrite existing program files)

Sani

You'll have to give a screenshot of your virtual tag settings for me to help with that

This?

psychoadept

• Global Moderator

This?

Yeah.  So "Title With Other Artists" is the name of the tag and should go in the first box, where right now it says "Virtual 1".  "Formula" should ONLY have the formula.  See if that helps.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Sani

I have corrected the virtual tag part. It's giving me this error now while adding naming template:

FAIL @ "itle With Other Artists>"

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Does the virtual tag work correctly, for instance in the main panel?
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Sani

Does the virtual tag work correctly, for instance in the main panel?

Yeah, it did saved properly and didn't give any error.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Ok, then post your organization template again.  We have to see the problem, just saying it isn't working doesn't help us solve it.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Sani

Ok, then post your organization template again.  We have to see the problem, just saying it isn't working doesn't help us solve it.

I will exactly copy pasted what you posted earlier.

By the way, I am creating a naming schemes and other things i want in directory structure. Once it's properly done, you will get an exact idea what i am looking for.

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
I will exactly copy pasted what you posted earlier.

In that case, I may have made an error.  I'll take another look, but you're in a better position to figure it out than I am.

Edit: That tag worked fine for me a in a quick template test.  What about the release type tag? I stuck that in as a placeholder, but what did you actually call that tag?  Could be where the problem is.
Last Edit: March 22, 2017, 11:32:04 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Sani

At last, I have created proper folder structures which i want to achieve so you guys can create me a working template for it.

Regular Albums

Album Artist \ Release Type (If case of album artist's singles means song isn't tagged in any album, create Singles folder but sometimes singles are related to upcoming albums so in that case i want to create that album folder and put that track inside that.) \ Year - Album \ (If case of multiple discs, create separate folders for each Disc like Disc 1, Disc 2)\Track# Title

Examples:

Kevin Gates/Mixtapes/2007 - Pick of Da Litter/01 - Glock Staying Cocked.mp3

Big Sean/Albums/2017 - I Decided/03 - Bounce Back.mp3

Big Sean/Singles/2016 - No More Interviews.mp3

The Cranberries/Compilations/2008 - Gold/Disc 1/01 - Dreams.mp3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Compilations and Soundtrack Albums

Various Artists \ Release Type i.e; Compilations, Soundtrack Album etc. \ Year - Album \ (If case of multiple discs, create separate folders for each Discs like Disc 1, Disc 2)\Track# Title

Examples:

Various Artists/Compilations/2016 - Now That's What I Call Music! 95/Disc 1/01 - Say You Won't Let Go.mp3

Various Artists/Soundtrack Albums/2016 - Suicide Squad: The Album/01 - Say You Won't Let Go.mp3

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also, i noted earlier that my release type folder names were in small letters, this might be only due to tag in MusicBrainz Picard as it's small letters there too but i want release type first letter to be capiltalized like Albums not albums. See the screenshot from my album tagging:

In the last, i need a suggestion too. As you know that i want folders for Release Type in each Album Artist folders so there will be many Release Type folders like Mixtapes, Albums, EPs etc. Is it okay or it can cause any issue in the Windows Explorer? I consider this to be good because even without a music player one can get an idea about the album types just by seeing these folders. Please advise.

Thank you everyone!

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
Great, glad you figured out what you want.  You have all the tools you need in this thread.  I personally am not going to write the whole template for you; maybe somebody else will.  It's pretty close already, just tweak a few things.  For example, instead of using TrackCount = 1 for Singles, you could use Album has no value (as an exception).

The capitalization thing you can fix with a script on Picard's end.  Here's info on scripting in Picard: https://picard.musicbrainz.org/docs/scripting/

They can be a little trickier than MusicBee templates.  I haven't quite worked this one out yet.  I'm sure there's a way to do it with regex, but I'm trying to find one that's less of a mind bender.  Will get back to you.
Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 04:48:12 AM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
This should do the trick in Picard:

$if($eq(%releasetype%,album),$set(releasetype,Album),)

Just copy and replace "album" and "Album" with the other release types, so you have one for each.  If you have some with multiple values, you'll probably have to enter those separately too.
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)

Sani

Hey guys, after a lot of trial and error and with all your help i successfully achieved what i wanted to and the folder structure is perfect.

I did this in naming template, please check if there is anything i should add/remove. I know it's giving a result but maybe something in syntax which can cause issues in the future or i can improve something:

The following is the folder structure of my music folder:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

But I'm having a little problem inside the MusicBee and i am sure there is also a fix for this. See if it's a Non Album track then i will get tagged by Single in Picard but the Album tag in the empty but this way i get Unknown Album written in the place of Album in Album and Tracks inside Music tab. Is there any way i can disappear or even better get Single written in there? :

psychoadept

• Global Moderator
But I'm having a little problem inside the MusicBee and i am sure there is also a fix for this. See if it's a Non Album track then i will get tagged by Single in Picard but the Album tag in the empty but this way i get Unknown Album written in the place of Album in Album and Tracks inside Music tab. Is there any way i can disappear or even better get Single written in there?

Why don't you just make the album value for those "Single"?  If that doesn't work for you, the panel configuration settings are in the menu at the top left of the main panel.
Last Edit: March 23, 2017, 06:33:28 PM by psychoadept
MusicBee Wiki

Latest beta patch (3.5)