Author Topic: MusicBee bypassing window's mixer  (Read 1497 times)

SDub

When playing music through MusicBee, I can see that the window's mixer detects no output. Modifying the overall system volume does make MusicBee louder and quieter, but modifying MusicBee's individual volume does nothing.

In my player settings I have Direct Sound selected, and then the speakers that I've selected as default in Windows as my sound device. I've tried various settings like setting the sound device to "primary sound driver" and using WASAPI as my output to no avail.

It's worth mentioning that I'm driving my speakers/headphones with an ASUS Xonar DGX sound card.

This is problematic because when I try and stream, OBS cannot pick up any music, whereas it can from youtube, etc.

It's also worth mentioning that Groove Music and WMP both work w/OBS in this regard whereas VLC and MusicBee do not.

Anyone know how to solve this issue?

CritterMan

• Now with FiiO M11!
Sounds like more than one issue since you've got issues with multiple applications on multiple audio devices. If you're using anything like virtual audio cable or anything else that changes how Windows handles audio, you might get rid of that first. Second, update the drivers on all of your audio devices. If you're still having issues, close all applications except the one you're using and test your media applications one at a time.
Home Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable • Questyle CMA400i (ASIO) • Sennheiser HD 660S (balanced) / Audeze EL-8 Closed Back / Fostex TR-X00 Ebony • Teac AI-101DA • Jamo C93 + Dayton Audio SUB-1000
Work Desk ~ MB 3.3 Portable / Tidal • SMSL SU-8 v2 • Nobsound NS-05P • THX AAA 789 • Sennheiser HD 58X (balanced)
OTG ~ FiiO M11 • Audiofly AF180 / B&O H6